Sonic Adventure Online

Watch the videos (below) and answer: How do you think it is?

• Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

• Ok

• Good

• Excellent

• May be better when completed...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FuriousFox said:
Dark Mystic said:
Sonic Team is making Sonic Adventure Online!
Yes, because we all know that Sonic Team enjoys modding Halo and making videos of it using a trial version of FRAPS.

Get your facts straight.

Though I must admit, seeing Sonic characters running around with assault rifles in that last video was pretty amusing. I liked how they replaced the Banshee with the Tornado 2, and the Scorpion with Bigfoot.

FF wins this topic.

SRB2-Playah said:
Video 1: Glad they didn't use the SA method of loops... And Hyper Sonic was groovy. I was waiting for the total hoverboard destruction, but it never came... I wanted to see some car-crash like carnage. :O
Video 2: The song stunk, man.
Video 3: I find it hilarious that everyone's walking South Park style. And I wanted to see that plane crash... Why have vehicles in the videos if we don't get to see them crash? :(

Looks pretty fun. I hope it's standalone... I don't have Halo 1 OR 2.
You need to buy Halo to play it :(

I see a lot of people complaining that if the Halo engine is used, it means that this game will incorporate guns. According to you people, that's sacrelige, but I'm surprised you can't even see past the game you're playing right now. Perhaps you've all forgotten that SRB2 is based on the Doom engine; a first person shooter engine. :?

I mean, come on, we might not have actual guns in SRB2, but we might as well call them that considering how we use the "projectiles" we have right now.

My only complaint with this thing so far is the engine; its simply too slow, too lossy, and in no way matches or comes close to Sonic gameplay.

I am, however, impressed that they managed to code in the third person view, which is interesting that Bungie would keep the TPS (third person shooter) cam in the coding. I don't know if the rest of you know, but Halo was originally going to be a TPS.

the graohics are a bit like srb2's but the videos were good. Hyper Sonic
was amazing I'm happy now that the original Hyper Sonic has returned 8)

HYPERKNUX said:
the graohics are a bit like srb2's
Umm...Or not. Old school Doom and Halo, definatly have waay different graphics...

SMT will get rid of weapons. Some might stay such as their chaos emerald. And the Amy hammer. But what sonixtreme(proj leader) is trying to do is convert the halo engine to be as much like Sonic Adventure as possible.Each time he shows us a video, its getting closer and closer. Lol, maybe I should ask sonicxtreme if I can be part of the group again so I can get some early beta maps before anyone else :P

I wouldn't get Halo if it were selling for a dollar, to be quite frank. UT2004 is just better in my opinion.

The reason I consider it sacriliedge is because honestly, SRB2's "weapons" are only used in the multiplayer match modes. Yes, they act like guns, of course, but SRB2's health, physics, and all the rest of the stuff that makes SRB2 SRB2 are not like an FPS at all. You get shot and you lose all your rings. You can jump, fly, glide, climb, and run really fast. All of these things seperate out SRB2 from Doom by a rather large margin. And that's only in the multiplayer modes where you fire rings. Other modes have normal Sonic physics and no firing at all. You run, jump, and play exactly as you did in the classic Sonic games, no guns, firing, or anything else involved.

Mystic said:
The reason I consider it sacriliedge is because honestly, SRB2's "weapons" are only used in the multiplayer match modes. Yes, they act like guns, of course, but SRB2's health, physics, and all the rest of the stuff that makes SRB2 SRB2 are not like an FPS at all. You get shot and you lose all your rings. You can jump, fly, glide, climb, and run really fast. All of these things seperate out SRB2 from Doom by a rather large margin. And that's only in the multiplayer modes where you fire rings. Other modes have normal Sonic physics and no firing at all. You run, jump, and play exactly as you did in the classic Sonic games, no guns, firing, or anything else involved.

Of course its a big difference from actual FPS games; I'm not saying SRB2 doesn't hold its own originality. I'm saying that its silly to assume that this mod will incorporate "guns" just because its a Halo mod. I mean, we don't have actual "guns" in SRB2, but its an FPS mod, isn't it? I just think its silly to compare the magnitude of SRB2 to a mod like this when its clearly got a long way to go. That was my point.

I'm not saying that they will, but it looks like the focus here is multiplayer, so it'll be a long time before they get anywhere. I don't see an issue, as extremely early versions of SRB2 did still have Doom's weapons, and this does look early. That being said, I certainly won't be playing it, as Halo is not a game I own, as I'm not spending 20 bucks to play a Sonic mod, and I don't pirate games.

Mystic said:
I'm not saying that they will, but it looks like the focus here is multiplayer, so it'll be a long time before they get anywhere. I don't see an issue, as extremely early versions of SRB2 did still have Doom's weapons, and this does look early. That being said, I certainly won't be playing it, as Halo is not a game I own, as I'm not spending 20 bucks to play a Sonic mod, and I don't pirate games.

You'd need Halo PC anyway. Its $20 I think. Once you have that, you'd have to download Halo CE (Custom Edition) from a website I can't remember. Its not pirating either. Halo CE is a mod itself, not a copyrighted owned name. I've only used it to download maps and stuff, and its really impressive. I could download the Sonic mods right now, as I've seen them before, but I don't want to bother.

My favorite map mod so far is a map remake of Bob-Bomb Battlefield from Mario 64. It even plays the music from the level rofl.

Exactly. I'm not spending 20 dollars on a game I really don't like all that much. I already own UT2K4, and don't play it much anymore, so why would Halo change that? I vastly prefer 2K4 over Halo, so if I don't play 2K4, I seriously doubt I'd play Halo.

Mystic said:
Exactly. I'm not spending 20 dollars on a game I really don't like all that much. I already own UT2K4, and don't play it much anymore, so why would Halo change that? I vastly prefer 2K4 over Halo, so if I don't play 2K4, I seriously doubt I'd play Halo.
Because Halo is way better than UT04 :roll:

brianv said:
Mystic said:
Because Halo is way better than UT04 :roll:
HAH HAHAHA! AH!
Whew, thanks for the laugh. I'm glad you aren't serious.

I have played and did not enjoy Halo very much at all. This is a personal opinion thing, so don't get up in fanboy arms about it, I just didn't like the game that much. I don't really understand why it's so popular, personally.

Mystic said:
I have played and did not enjoy Halo very much at all. This is a personal opinion thing, so don't get up in fanboy arms about it, I just didn't like the game that much. I don't really understand why it's so popular, personally.
...HOLY CRAP SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME!!

The mod doesn't look to bad (Save the insanity that is the third video), however, since Halo runs like a superglued snail on this thing, I won't be getting it when it gets released unless I have a new computer by then.

Mystic said:
I used to not really care for the game before Halo 2 came out. My friends had Halo pc and played LAN games during school. So I decided to try the game, the multiplayer to it got me totally hooked. The campaign story wasn't half bad either.

Mystic said:
I don't really understand why it's so popular, personally.

I have to agree on that. Though I appear to enjoy the game more than you do, it doesn't strike me as "OMG AMAZING" that people say it is. Then again, I do have speed issues with Halo as I've mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back