Sonic Adventure 2 DX ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come Sonic Adventure was made for PC but the well known and brilliant sequal wasn't.I think it's a great idea.If it wasn't made because it was a multiplayer,why not give it online multiplayer.Tell me what u guys think.

Perhaps Sonic Adventure DX PC didn't sell well, and Sega didn't consider creating SA2B PC a financially viable options?

First thing that comes to mind, and what I expect happened. The game had next to no copy-protection, and would likely be pirated with very little effort. At that, I even have a pirated copy, as does my friend. No CD-key, no online validity check, nothing. All that's needed is the CD... and face it, every game in existence has a bajillion different no-cd cracks available. :P

Personally, I didn't even know DX was released for PC until a handful of people talked about modding it on this forum.

Also, on a slightly more technical aspect, porting to PC isn't really a "bam done". Tonnes of different hardware and configurations are available on PCs, and because of this, the game has to be made to WORK on all of these. Not as simple as with consoles.

Despite all the problems Naga mentioned, SADX works well on my computer, IMO it works better than Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast and SADX on the GameCube. And that's with an Athlon XP 2800+ and a GeForce 6200 NV44a.

No copy protection is excellent. Every game will be copied eventually, so why do the developers risk getting sued for antitrust (and installing rootkits, like what happened with Sony) when the games will get cracked eventually? Sometimes, the stuff gets cracked almost immediately after release. So, all it does is cause heartache and complications. What if your original disc is ruined, and you want to make another copy? I can do that with SADX (I HAD the original discs, but lost it), but not anything with copy protection.

I honestly think all the proprietary software companies are doing everything wrong. All they care about is making money from consumers, they don't care about them at all. They can't see that Linux and free, open source software is the future, and that there are almost always better free alternatives to their software, so it's not really worth trying. One HUGE example is Microsoft.

Yeah, I got a bit carried away there, but IMO it IS the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back