Sonic 3D Blast

Julia

The only SRB2 and Touhou fan ever to exist lmao
Sonic 3D is a.... controversial topic in this fanbase. I personally enjoy 3D, so I want to see who else likes 3D Blast!

Sonic 3D is a.... controversial topic in this fanbase. I personally enjoy 3D, so I want to see who else likes 3D Blast!
I wouldn't go as far as calling it controversial but it has been pretty divisive among fans (especially when the previous game is Sonic 3 & Knuckles).

It had several issues (that were more or less solved by the Director's Cut version) but once you know the maps and how to guess the hitboxes it goes better.

I find the mid-point of the game (Diamond Dust) to be less confusing in term of level design.

Ultimately, nobody can deny how great the Saturn Special Stages were.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it controversial but it has been pretty divisive among fans (especially when the previous game is Sonic 3 & Knuckles).

It had several issues (that were more or less solved by the Director's Cut version) but once you know the maps and how to guess the hitboxes it goes better.

I find the mid-point of the game (Diamond Dust) to be less confusing in term of level design.

Ultimately, nobody can deny how great the Saturn Special Stages were.
100% with you on the Saturn Special Stages.

100% with you on the Saturn Special Stages.
Yeah, I'd love to just redo them!

As for the main game I'd be happy if we ever got a Whitehead/Sonic 3 AIR-like improved port with the ability to have a zoom out, analog/digital controls, changing the music per stages and jingles, a better level select (as much as I like 3D Blast DX'), built-in Blast Attack without the golden shield and eventually several QoL changes like in DX (such as the Flickies being your shield or the speedup being invincible).

Yeah, I'd love to just redo them!

As for the main game I'd be happy if we ever got a Whitehead/Sonic 3 AIR-like improved port with the ability to have a zoom out, analog/digital controls, changing the music per stages and jingles, a better level select (as much as I like 3D Blast DX'), built-in Blast Attack without the golden shield and eventually several QoL changes like in DX (such as the Flickies being your shield or the speedup being invincible).
Honestly, yeah! A Sonic 3D F.I.R or something would be nice!

Flickies' Island Revisited sounds nice (funfacts: the PC version has both the North American and the European/Japanese name of the game in windowed mode).

I really love those two recreations in the Subarashii mod
and in Lost World

It's not a request but if someone ever remade the entirety of 3D Blast in either game I'd be eternally grateful toward them.

Flickies' Island Revisited sounds nice (funfacts: the PC version has both the North American and the European/Japanese name of the game in windowed mode).

I really love those two recreations in the Subarashii mod
and in Lost World

It's not a request but if someone ever remade the entirety of 3D Blast in either game I'd be eternally grateful toward them.
An SRB2 remake with more expansions to the level design is a must.

I'd say that the zoom-out (not as radical as that one) couldn't hurt the game design too much (especially because how close the camera is in the original).

I'd say the same for Lost World's version (that and the camera angle being a bit too low).
Post automatically merged:

I am still genuinely surprised nobody has tried to mod the PC version of 3D blast (like Sonic R).
I mean you can technically swap the music files to make the game play another but it's probably the simplest type of modding

Last edited:
I find it cool that the game is still being speedrunned even to this day (and sorry for making a 3rd post in the same thread)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back