Something weird is happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightmare cenz

idyrgfekjrgfelkrbf
i was playing in my server a while ago and then we started to see weird messages (including me)
also... after we finished the act 3 of verdant forest ....the intermission time was 9000

Log

The Dark Fox said:
Hacker? It's either a script from an SOC you have added, or that guy who did it with the other guy's netgame.

i didnt add a SOC...
the only thing i added was mystic realm

I suggest we just take the master server down for a while, I have seen nothing but really crappy servers when I check. Or, you can host off the master server, that would keep the hacker out.

Uh, yeah, taking the master server down is going a step too far. Seriously, it's been up and down so frequently that if you take it down now, the results will be pretty extreme for this kind of community.

I don't think it was a hacker, but what do I know...
Also, I kept seeing messages that I had already typed a long time ago. They repeated several times in my screen for some reason. It was rather weird...

Hold up a second, what is it exactly that's amiss with that server log? Best I can gather, a player was getting consistency failed repeatedly, and no one realized what it was.

If that's the case, a consistency failure is party of SRB2's netcode, which makes conventional hacks such as invincibility and superjump completely impossible in netplay. If a joiner does something that the host's copy of the game thinks is impossible, said user is automatically kicked with the reason "Consistency Failure." Unfortunately, it's far from perfect, and can occur at random, especially if there's lotsa lag going on.

Oh no, Draykon. You are wrong. This actually is very real and since this was mentioned before. Lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back