Something weird going on with netgames today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shu

Uh, on a lot of servers I've played on today, the same weird thing keeps happening. The server will lag for a moment, then about 25 players will spawn at the start, with no one controlling them. Just a bunch of braindead, nameless, green Sonics that cause massive lag untill they're all kicked or banned.

Like, not just on Torgo's server?

Additionally, the game quit and displayed many boxes for an error message.

Hmm, I haven't joined any netgames lately. Could it be that you all joined a certain netgame that caused it? Such as a hacked server of some sort...

I remember a fake FuriousFox server, and a ton of people I knew from here were there. It was dedicated, but that just made things more suspisious, considering it was fake (without the CMDS and logon stuff). Other than that, no clue what could be happening, but what if it's serious?

Oh yes, because every single copy of SRB2 is linked to a master file that secretly is updated with bugs every now and then, so everyone can't play netgames due to this feature.

People, please, start thinking.

Sonicandtails218 said:
Oh yes, because every single copy of SRB2 is linked to a master file that secretly is updated with bugs every now and then, so everyone can't play netgames due to this feature.

People, please, start thinking.

I didn't say SRB2 was unplayable, I said a net game glitch poped up today, jerk.

No need to flame-it wasn't even directed at you. I was pointing out the lack of logic in assuming that everyone suddenly has a bugged copy of SRB2.

Exactly. It's clearly some sort of wierd issue that arose from something external.

Just a quick note, this occurs with the Riders EXE as well. Not limited to Vanilla SRB2.

Shu said:
Uh, on a lot of servers I've played on today, the same weird thing keeps happening. The server will lag for a moment, then about 25 players will spawn at the start, with no one controlling them. Just a bunch of braindead, nameless, green Sonics that cause massive lag untill they're all kicked or banned.
For me too it's like that i don't know what hapened.But its a big problem!

Same thing happened to me. Before I read this topic Draykon told me it was a bug. It wont let me ban them because of their name. since their name is like player 20, player 21,and player 22. I put ban (THEIR USERNAME) and it just says this to me.'ban username (something like that.) Those evil green sonics. :x

You can ban by the node. Usually the node will be the Player's number.

Code:
BAN 20

Would ban player 20.

Segmint, there's more to it than that. Banning the user from one server isn't enough, we need to permenantly ban the user from accessing the MS so he cannot harm the servers anymore.

josh the hedgehog said:
Same thing happened to me. Before I read this topic Draykon told me it was a bug. It wont let me ban them because of their name. since their name is like player 20, player 21,and player 22. I put ban (THEIR USERNAME) and it just says this to me.'ban username (something like that.) Those evil green sonics. :x
Same thing. I hate those evil green sonics! :x
In kiddy tails server Those evil green sonics enter in the server and those green sonics lagged my server! Those green sonics kicked me from my server!!!

Don't go making assumptions... He says he's a hacker, but it can be a totally diffrent person hacking Srb2.

Also, I've explained on IRC how this hacker might be able to send 15 players in a game at once.
<Flame_the_hedgehog> It could be, that this 'hacker' could join a game with a specific variable that, when connected to a server, Sends specific packets to the host and the host thinks of it as other players joining with the same node, The packet is then distributed to the people currently within the game to maintain consistency.

Okay, "EMPEROR METALLIX" No one will ever believe you until you can show them proof. I haven't believed a single word of any of your posts.
Yes, I consider you a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back