Something I've Always Wanted to Say Openly, and Some Headcanons

I've always wanted to openly say that many of Sonic's supposed flaws as a franchise are vastly overrated. They can be easily solved, but the problem is that everyone everywhere, from inside and outside the fandom to even the higher-ups within Sega and Sonic Team, have blown them all so far out of proportion that they have lost the ability to register. I've seen other franchises suffer through and recover from so much worse than whatever people believe that Sonic has been apparently been going through for over twenty freakin' years. I want to openly say with confidence that that's not possible. I also want to say that I feel I have personally been around the block more times than anyone else with the frankly nonsensical idea that "fans are too obsessive." Trust me when I say that is all just psychological projection from many an anti.

On something of a similar note, let's talk character development. I have been wondering whether or not Sonic's relationships with people outside of his circle of friends and acquaintances should develop into something that is more strictly transactional, mainly to reflect the attitudes of the so-called gaming community towards him if I were to go meta. Last time I checked, Sonic never really prided himself as this sort of paragon of righteousness. He's challenged authority many times, I believe, and plainly makes his own rules for himself. If you're kind to him, he'll be kind to you. If you're not, pray. I can say something similarly about Shadow. I loved Shadow the Hedgehog. As far as I am concerned, Shadow's true character has been cemented as something of a truth-seeker. Shadow will never waste a second on opinions. He's dead-set on getting it straight from the horse's mouth, and no matter the endgame, it's just a matter of adjustment.

I honestly couldn't ever tell if Sonic as a franchise made a clever argument for classical cynicism and stoicism.
Post automatically merged:

I've also always wanted to say that I am done with the words quality and reputation since they've been abused so much by gamers when it was exclusively involves Sonic.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back