Some Models stop working for some reason.

InfernoMelon

Honwy is cooilo dudey
I don't know if the new update broke it or my Model Dat thing position is wrong but for some reason, I can't combine different models from different model packs into one anymore, but this only happened with some models tho (again, don't know why).

Attachments

• models.dat - Notepad 10_23_2023 12_49_51 PM.png
    models.dat - Notepad 10_23_2023 12_49_51 PM.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 71
  • srb20108.png
    srb20108.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 65
  • models.dat - Notepad 10_23_2023 12_45_37 PM.png
    models.dat - Notepad 10_23_2023 12_45_37 PM.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 60
  • srb20107.png
    srb20107.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 84
weird.. i had the same combination and it worked fine.
i can try to make the same combination from scratch if it helps

i have tested these and they do work. i also added mc.sonics peelout, goal pose, and every other extra thing he does. just rename it to models.dat

Attachments

• models.txt
    9.7 KB · Views: 43
I don't know if the new update broke it or my Model Dat thing position is wrong but for some reason, I can't combine different models from different model packs into one anymore, but this only happened with some models tho (again, don't know why).
If you are having troubles, please consider reinstalling your models, and you might need to put your models.dat into your srb2 folder and not the models folder. if the issue persists try reinstalling SRB2 and make sure you back up your addons before doing so.

Yeah, It's still not working for me, here's my models positions also the models after "LUIGI VDLC/PLAY+/LUIGI.md3 3.0 0.0" are also not working
Post automatically merged:

If you are having troubles, please consider reinstalling your models, and you might need to put your models.dat into your srb2 folder and not the models folder. if the issue persists try reinstalling SRB2 and make sure you back up your addons before doing so.
Mmmm, haven't try reinstalling the models yet, I see

Attachments

• models.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 38
Strange, I would recommend what I said before because that is a valid models.dat
or is it because it says "models.txt" instead of "models.dat"
You might want to put it into your srb2 root folder.

Strange, I would recommend what I said before because that is a valid models.dat
or is it because it says "models.txt" instead of "models.dat"
You might want to put it into your srb2 root folder.
The model's file is already named model.dat in the main SRB2 v2.2 folder, I just rename it for this post
(also do I have to move the models.dat file into the Models folder?)

Hmm, perhaps that might work, otherwise try reinstalling all of your models.

has it worked yet?
The model's file is already named model.dat in the main SRB2 v2.2 folder, I just rename it for this post
(also do I have to move the models.dat file into the Models folder?)

Last edited:
No, This won't work, What you DO is that you take the location line, Persay, SONIC PLAY/SONIC.md3 3.0 0.0 (PLAY/ is the location line), And when you download let's say, Kaldrum's model pack, You would take KLDR/SONIC and replace it with VDLC/PLAY+/SONIC.md3 3.0 0.0, But NOW, You take the SONIC.md3, SONIC.png, and SONIC_blend.png, and paste them into your regular models.dat, And the models.dat file must stay in the SRB2 folder, not the models folder, As then the EXE can't go into folders to scan for it and therefore ignores it's existence and cannot load models. Basically, Put every new model into VDLC/PLAY+ and make the .dat line say VDLC/PLAY+/ instead of *Insert the root of the model here*. If you want, I could send you MY models.dat to get a peak of what I'm talking about.

Hmm, perhaps that might work, otherwise try reinstalling all of your models.

has it worked yet?
Nah, it didn't, I prob have to reinstall my models

No, This won't work, What you DO is that you take the location line, Persay, SONIC PLAY/SONIC.md3 3.0 0.0 (PLAY/ is the location line), And when you download let's say, Kaldrum's model pack, You would take KLDR/SONIC and replace it with VDLC/PLAY+/SONIC.md3 3.0 0.0, But NOW, You take the SONIC.md3, SONIC.png, and SONIC_blend.png, and paste them into your regular models.dat, And the models.dat file must stay in the SRB2 folder, not the models folder, As then the EXE can't go into folders to scan for it and therefore ignores it's existence and cannot load models. Basically, Put every new model into VDLC/PLAY+ and make the .dat line say VDLC/PLAY+/ instead of *Insert the root of the model here*. If you want, I could send you MY models.dat to get a peak of what I'm talking about.
Mmmm, I try that method later

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back