Some help with REDXVI Appearances in SRB2DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMecha

Okay. So REDXVI is going to be in 5 stages in my mod: SRB2: The Black Rain. I want to know what to do with scripts, and which commands I do to make it appear in only that sector. I also need to know which THING type REDXVI is. And how to make him give you stuff. He will give you the last level in the secrets menu and will give you the final emerald.

You need to soc a little to get this work, because the REDXVI object in srb2 itself has no specific MAPTHINGNUM as I realized by using soc edit.

My SOCEDIT gets runtime errors. And I keep downloading SRB2 again and again and I still cant find the readme. If somebody would be kind enough to put the SRB2 Readme in a Sendspace link I would really like it.

Extract the SRB2SRC1094.
Put the SOCEDIT in the SRC folder.
Done.
Now was that so hard?
Nope.

Note: Trying not to be mean.

Also, it's impossible to make an actual RedXVI secret without making an EXE mod, but with Linedef Executors and scripts, some stuff are possible.

Well to only create the object is easy. Just write this:

Thing 231
MAPTHINGNUM = 15151
SPAWNSTATE = 1291
SPAWNHEALTH = 1
SEESTATE = 0
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 8
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 0
PAINCHANCE = 0
PAINSOUND = 0
MELEESTATE = 0
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 0
DEATHSOUND = 0
XDEATHSTATE = 0
SPEED = 0
RADIUS = 2097152
HEIGHT = 1048576
MASS = 100
DAMAGE = 20
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = 1

into your MAINCFG and save it. Then open the map you want to place REDXVI inside with DB and place a random thing right where you want to have the little guy. Now open the object's properties, click inside the "type"-box and type 15151, then hit OK. The thing will now be shown as a grey question mark on the map. Nevermind that fact. If you now are going to test your map you will see HIM standing around.

It is not yet finished, hms. It will have over 36 ZONES.
That, my friends, will take 2 YEARS to finish.
Heh, seems I forgot to put zones on here. XD

Also, to make RedXVI actually appear, make a tiny sector around him and set it to be lower than the surrounding sector(s). Then put an Intangible-From-Below FOF at the surface to cover the hole up, then use linedef executrs to make the floor RedXVI is on rise up, so that RedXVI goes through the FOF, and onot the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back