Some board suggestions related to Addons

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll do it here since I couldn't find an existing thread or category for this;
These are just simple QoL suggestions for the Messageboards itself in relation with Addons

-Clicking on an add-on from the list brings you to the Discussion instead of the Overview post
The discussion and overview posts seem to be separate (editing the overview post does not edit the first discussion post and vice-versa), it means if you post an update, edit the overview post and don't edit the first post in the discussion thread, people who click the link are greeted by a more-or-less outdated description of the addon.

-> Clicking on a thread in Addons should bring you to the Overview section by default instead of Discussion
-> Updating the Overview post should also edit the first post in Discussion and vice-versa (Although I'm not sure how doable this is)

-When posting updates, you're forced to reupload every file
For most mods, this isn't really a problem seeing as they'll generally only be a single file, but for larger scale mods that can require multiple somewhat heavy files, it would be nice to have the option to keep some already uploaded files, not everyone has fiber-speed internet and waiting 20 minutes to upload a music file that wasn't touched during a hotfix can be bothersome.

Additionally, having the option to edit attachments without necessarily having to post an update could also be nice, but I can also see why that wouldn't be implemented to prevent confusion with unannounced ninja updates.

-> Updating the Overview post should also edit the first post in Discussion and vice-versa (Although I'm not sure how doable this is)
Had I seen this a while ago, I probably would've agreed? But as of now I think it's fine if that aspect is kept as is.
I mainly think this way because... For example, SRB2 Persona was recently updated to 1.3, and every trace of version 1.2 in the Overview was gotten rid of, of course. However, the links to the 1.2 version remained in the first discussion post.

As I'm a Mac OS user, and don't know near anything about coding (And I feel too intimidated to try as I have a friend studying in relation to that and by proxy his experiences makes impressions on me), I'm technically stuck with version 1.2 since it's the only one I can easily open and play without having to compile anything.
Had I immediately and completely erased my 1.2 version of SRB2P after the update while the links to 1.2 were gone... I'd be kind of screwed out of playing it until further notice.

Recently I got a friend to be interested in trying SRB2P, and had it not been because the old post was still up, we would differ in versions, which... I'd imagine wouldn't let us play together due to how much the versions differ? That's how it usually works with updates to software, right?

That's how I feel about that point. It's probably once in a blue moon that it helps, but I appreciate and feel lucky about this instance since we can just download and play without the compiling issue getting in the way.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back