SOC Lump Warnings crash my game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake92

I've been having this issue for the past couple of months, and my peers get on with no problems. Is there something wrong with my game?

EDIT: Yes, I am aware that I might be in the wrong forum to be asking this question.

Last edited:
EDIT: Yes, I am aware that I might be in the wrong forum to be asking this question.
If you know this, why didn't you post it in the right forum to begin with?

Anyway, you need to be more specific if you want us to help. Do all warnings crash the game, and if not, which ones? Does this happen with any SOC, or just with specific ones? Does this happen in netgames, or when you load the files on your own?

If you know this, why didn't you post it in the right forum to begin with?

Anyway, you need to be more specific if you want us to help. Do all warnings crash the game, and if not, which ones? Does this happen with any SOC, or just with specific ones? Does this happen in netgames, or when you load the files on your own?

I do apologize, as actually, I wasn't sure if it was Help or Editing Help.

Anyway, yes, all warnings crash it, even ones made by others that I know, it happens with any SOC lump inside a WAD, and it happens in both netgames and when I load them in a net launcher like sonicfreak94's net launcher. I might try other net launchers like StartSRB2 or even the old net launcher (I know, very obsolete, but hey, it's an option) to see if the problem relies on the launcher or the game.

Thank you for your time, SpiritCrusher, and hopefully, I'll get it fixed soon.

What command line arguments are you starting the game with, and what builds are you using? What is the exact error message you receive?

犬夜叉;764375 said:
What command line arguments are you starting the game with, and what builds are you using? What is the exact error message you receive?

I'm using the following arguments:

Code:
-win -opengl -usecd -debug -console -skipintro

I'm also using the latest build of 2.1.14, and the exact error message is this:

Code:
I_Error(): X warnings in the SOC lump

X being the number of warnings.

Last edited:

Aaaand there you go.

When you use -debug, any and all SOC warnings are treated as errors, to make them easier to spot (and so certain people -- you know who you are -- would actually be bothered to fix them).

Either tell the people who created the WADs you're using to fix them, or stop using -debug.

犬夜叉;764377 said:
Aaaand there you go.

When you use -debug, any and all SOC warnings are treated as errors, to make them easier to spot (and so certain people -- you know who you are -- would actually be bothered to fix them).

Either tell the people who created the WADs you're using to fix them, or stop using -debug.

Thank you Inuyasha, it's working now. You can now lock this thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back