SOC Assistance, Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to make a SOC that'll make it so the player will shoot out an infinite amount of auto-homing-bomb rings. I didn't really know what I was doing, so I went to the HMS SOC file, but I got this:
srb20002.png

Can someone help me with this? And please don't send me to the Wiki...as I said, I don't really know what I'm doing, and the Wiki doesn't really help that much, either..if anyone can help me, then I can do the other two triple ring combinations.

(I've also inputted the effects of the Armageddon Shield, so there's not much need to do World of Pain...unless someone wants me to.)

The player can only launch projectiles under one of a few conditions:

It's built into the character, (Meaning you'd need more than a SOC, but a whole new character)
"Ringslinger on" has been entered into the console after unlocking the God Menu.
"Ringslinger on" has been entered into the console by the host of an online coop or race game.
It's match, tag, or ctf mode in a multiplayer game.
Or it's Mario Mode, and the player has obtained a fire flower. (Which from a SOCcing standpoint, can also mean if an object has called "A_CustomPower" while targeting the player, with the reactiontime and painchance set so that it would grant the player a fire flower power. Still has to be Mario Mode though)

In short, there's no real way to SOC Sonic Tails or Knuckles to be able to throw rings in a normal singleplayer game, without weird side effects, or relying on the God menu. However if you want it done with a custom character, there's always the S_Skin flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back