• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

So tell me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostgame

Now that there are slopes in the SRB2 engine, how do you implement them? May I have an example WAD?

Also, how do you test multiplayer WAD's in 1.09? It keeps telling me "this level doesn't support single player mode!"

Lostgame said:
Also, how do you test multiplayer WAD's in 1.09? It keeps telling me "this level doesn't support single player mode!"

Add a player one start.

Shuffle said:
Where did you get the idea that slopes were in 1.09? O_o

Yeah, who in the hell would be sick, demented, and especially perverted enough to do that?

srb2slopes.jpg

ZOMG SLOPS!!1!!

Bigboi said:
In that case, slopes could be possible with some SOC edits.
How the !@# do you get THAT idea? SOC edits are still extremely limited and primitive. You can't enable something that's half-removed from the source code with a SOC edit. You couldn't make weather work in 1.08 netgames with a SOC edit. Heck, remaking Chaos mode for a boss battle in 1.09 would be as roundabout as making an invisible object that shoots enemys instead of bullets and even then they would only be able to spew ONE kind of enemy each and at exact intervals.

By the way: Screenshot old and slopes were not completed since then, didn't work right outside of OGL, could only be seen at a certain angle, slowed the game down considerably, etc. And notice all the crappy black holes in that picture, which were probably caused by odd rendering tricks needed for the slopes to draw AT ALL...

I thought SSNTails said the black holes where something screwed up with his machine or something..

Jason the Echidna said:
By the way: Screenshot old and slopes were not completed since then, didn't work right outside of OGL, could only be seen at a certain angle, slowed the game down considerably, etc. And notice all the crappy black holes in that picture, which were probably caused by odd rendering tricks needed for the slopes to draw AT ALL...

How do you know this? You're not staff.

Also, I only play in OGL, it sucks crap in software.

Thirdly, those black things are SSN's crappy video card, not some "odd rendering trick"

Lostgame said:
How do you know this? You're not staff.

Also, I only play in OGL, it sucks crap in software.

Thirdly, those black things are SSN's crappy video card, not some "odd rendering trick"
How does anyone know anything about SRB2 at all? We're not staff.

Also, OGL can't do everything Software can, and SRB2 sucks crap either way compaired to newer games.

Thirdly, I already mentioned that it was merely a guess based on what little I do know, and was corrected for this error.

Bigboi said:
Lostgame said:

Add a player one start.

I'm sorry. But the correct answer was not your answer.
You're thinking of "This level doesn't have enough player starts!"

You do MAP MAP## -FORCE. MAP MAP## takes you to the map number you pick. Like, MAP MAP05 is Techno Hill Zone 2.
It won't work if the map doesn't match the gametype, but STJr. put in an override for it. -FORCE takes you to the map no matter what the gametype.
Oh, yeah. If you go to the map in Single Player, It will also need a Player One start. Or else you'll get the "Not enough player starts" crash. :P

Does that help?

Jason the Echidna said:
How does anyone know anything about SRB2 at all? We're not staff.

I specificly remember AJ saying that the black spots are problems with his video card, though.

Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back