So I just finished watching my anime...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoatefred

Scout/N. Gin Ear in Netgame
So I need a new one. I prefer something comedic, maybe with some romance. NOTHING with a annoying theme though, seriously. Any suggestion from you guys?

犬夜叉;651719 said:
What do you want of me?

I totally called that, by the way.
>.>
Anyways, finished watching episode one, seems good enough. But for now, off to sleep.

FLCL
Slapstick and surreal humor with a coming of age and space opera theme. Just as ridiculous as it sounds.

FLCL
Slapstick and surreal humor with a coming of age and space opera theme. Just as ridiculous as it sounds.

No one minds if I back this one up, right?

You might want to try Fullmetal Alchemist or the current ongoing adaption, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It's a relatively serious anime, but the writer firmly believes that humor is incredibly important in the entertainment value of any story. As such, there's plenty of humor throughout.

I've watched a bit of Full metal, need to watch more of it. Also, this FLCL seems interesting. Have a nice Thanksgiving guys, I'm heading to see the family. Thanks for the suggestions.
Except for you Akira >.>.

I recommend InuYasha if you haven't seen it already.

How about something without a ton of fillers eh? This may sound strange coming from a dude like me... but I tend to expand my interest in different types of genres of either media or books. So yea, I'm not picky. If you want something like romance but without a generic fantasy theme, then I recommend Peach Girl. It simple and to the point, the main character is called Momo, a tan japanese girl in japan who gets involved in a love triangle between two boys, Toji (her crush), and Kairi (a player in high school who likes Momo to death)Along that triangle, her "friend" Sai wants to destroy her reputation and have what Momo has. So yea, it leads from bad, to good, to worst and so forth. Now obviously it's a drama, and yes an anime more popular to a girl crowd, but as you go deeper into the episodes it gets better. Trust me it has it's funny parts, so it's not always emo. There is a lot of content by the way, but thats only to make it interesting. After all, it's not like it doesn't happen in reality. This was the main element that pulled me in to continue watching it.

If that's not what your into though then there is always an anime called: History's strongest disciple Kenichi. The anime is generic, but highly comical....and well sexual too (Not a big fan of that). The show speaks for itself so just look it up.

Anyway, I suggest liking show(s) for it's episodes not themes. Hopefully you're not that type of person who only likes a show for its kick-ass theme than story.

How about something without a ton of fillers eh? This may sound strange coming from a dude like me... but I tend to expand my interest in different types of genres of either media or books. So yea, I'm not picky. If you want something like romance but without a generic fantasy theme, then I recommend Peach Girl. It simple and to the point, the main character is called Momo, a tan japanese girl in japan who gets involved in a love triangle between two boys, Toji (her crush), and Kairi (a player in high school who likes Momo to death)Along that triangle, her "friend" Sai wants to destroy her reputation and have what Momo has. So yea, it leads from bad, to good, to worst and so forth. Now obviously it's a drama, and yes an anime more popular to a girl crowd, but as you go deeper into the episodes it gets better. Trust me it has it's funny parts, so it's not always emo. There is a lot of content by the way, but thats only to make it interesting. After all, it's not like it doesn't happen in reality. This was the main element that pulled me in to continue watching it.

If that's not what your into though then there is always an anime called: History's strongest disciple Kenichi. The anime is generic, but highly comical....and well sexual too (Not a big fan of that). The show speaks for itself so just look it up.

Anyway, I suggest liking show(s) for it's episodes not themes. Hopefully you're not that type of person who only likes a show for its kick-ass theme than story.
Fillers huh? I really don't mind. Not much of a fan of drama though. However....
Comedic ecchi? I want to see now. Sexual comedy is always the best kind of comedy (IMO). Just look at Love Hina (male becomes manger of all girl lodge, full of lol.)
I agree on your last statement, that's like saying you shouldn't like a game just for it's genre/creator.
If only my laptop's battery didn't suck, or if my family would leave me alone for 20 minutes.

Last edited:
If you're at all interested in seeing Dragonball Z wrapped up into a measly 100 episodes without all the filler and charge-up-for-seven-episodes crap, try Dragonball Kai. I'm not sure if the dub is out yet, but from what I've watched, I'd say it's worth a shot, especially if you haven't really bothered with the Dragonball series beforehand.

If you're at all interested in seeing Dragonball Z wrapped up into a measly 100 episodes without all the filler and charge-up-for-seven-episodes crap, try Dragonball Kai. I'm not sure if the dub is out yet, but from what I've watched, I'd say it's worth a shot, especially if you haven't really bothered with the Dragonball series beforehand.

I'm actualy used to smaller animes where one season is the norm, so 100 episodes is actually too much for me. Imagine that. I recall the charging up for 7-8 episodes only to fail from DBZ before though. So is this basically a retelling of DBZ's storyline with fighting, minus the charging up? Meh, I'll pass; DBZ wasn't that interesting to me in the first place, as mentioned before, I'm more into comedy (mostly sexual XD) then action/drama. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Bleach. DEFINITELY.

Its pretty comedic in some parts. Its also got pretty much action,great themes and an interesting story. I think you'll like it.

(Sorry if that's the anime you finished.)

Bleach is on my Watching list at the moment, I was also reading through the manga, good stuff.
The anime I finished was .Hack//Roots BTW. Was pretty disappointed, my friend made it seem more interesting, and much less confusing, oh well.

Why is everyone suggesting long anime with tons of filler?

I don't tend to enjoy romantic comedy shows so I don't really watch many of them, but I quite enjoyed Shakugan no Shana, and it's of the action-comedy-romance genre.

Neo-Human Casshern, Robot Hunter Casshern, Casshern Sins, Darker than Black, When The Cicadas Cry were pretty memorable anime shows and they also keep your attention without getting too repetitive. If you are looking for another Comedy-Romance I would suggest ToraDora, that show was addicting and funny and Chobits was pretty good as well.

One Piece is always a good anime to watch. I also second InuYasha. Especially since I'm watching InuYasha: The Final Act. Also, Yugioh 5D's is a must; duels on motorcycles = epic.

Of course, if you want comedy, watch Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. It goes against the trend in more ways than one. Like how it's better in the English version...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back