• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sky Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callum

I would like to know the Sky textures in SRB2. I found them before somewhere on this site, but I can't find them anymore. Can you guys help me?

Sorry if I sound n00bish.

Skynum = (X)

(X being your number)

From stars website said:
1 Greenflower Zone
4 Techno Hill Zone
7 Castle Eggman Zone Act 1
8 Starry Sky (blue stars)
29 Spring Hill Zone
30 Mario Koopa Blast 1
40 Christmas Hunt
54 Wood Zone
56 Blackness
60 Special Stage 1
61 Special Stage 2
62 Special Stage 3
63 Special Stage 4
64 Special Stage 5
65 Special Stage 6
66 Special Stage 7
94 Starry Sky
96 Starry Sky with Planet
97 Zim's Base

Thanks, flame.

EDIT: Now I have another question. How do we add our own music into the level we are making?

Add the music file into the wad as O_MAPxxM (for oggs) or D_MAPxxM (for midis) with "xx" being a number. Then set "musicslot" in the map header with the number you used in the filename.

Foxboy said:
Add the music file into the wad as O_MAPxxM (for oggs) or D_MAPxxM (for midis) with "xx" being a number. Then set "musicslot" in the map header with the number you used in the filename.

So do I do that with Lumpmod?

I mean I use Run (I call it Command Line) to use Lumpmod. What do I type in there to add custom music?

IIRC it was...

Code:
lumpmod thisisthewad.wad ADD O_MAPxxM thisisthemusic.mp3

It's something to that effect. If that doesn't work, try swapping the last two parts. Also, make sure that "xx" is the # of the tune you want to take up - so it'd be "O_MAP06M", for instance.

I'm sorry but one more question. How do you make teleporters and make them teleport to other part of the level?

*Sorry for Double Post*

open up mystic realm in WXE and extract AGZ3 to a new wad. then rename to map to an interger between 01 and 99 and have a look-see in a map editor (wadauthor or doombuilder).

And if you havn't been to agz3, let alone downloaded MR yet, then I'll try and explain here...

1) Make a triangle. (or a square, doesn't really matter.)
2) select one of the sides and tag it X (with X being any new number)
3) set that tag to 'Trigger Linedef executer (continuous)'
4) select another side of the shape and tag it X aswell.
5) set that tag to 'intangable, translucent' and set that side's main texture to 'THZPIPE'.
6) select the 3rd side of the shape and tag it Y (Y being a NEW number)
7) set the tag to 'Teleport player to tagged sector'

8) Meanwhile, somewhere inside the stage, make a new sector and tag it to X. This will act as the Teleporter. Set its sector tag to 'Linedef executor (no floor touch)'
9) Far away, where ever you want the teleport to lead, make a new secter and tag it Y.
10) Finnally, add the thing 'Teleport destination' within step 9's sector. If you followed everything correctly, you should see a portal similar to the ones in MR. when entered, you should teleport away to wherever you put step 9's sector, at the specific location of the teleport destination, faceing the way it was.

Happy?

Last question I'm sure of it. Can we replace sprites in SRB2 by putting one in a WAD? If we can, Can we do it with Lumpmod? If yes, what's the command I type in Run?

You can replace SRB2's sprites using WADs, but it's best to do it through XWE, because there you can do sprite alignments and get a visual representation of what the original graphics look like and what their lump names are.

Why are you using Lumpmod? O.o

Google it. And if you know about Lumpmod, how come you don't know about XWE? The Editing section of this website should have told you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back