This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Hello everyone, it’s been a while and I hope all of you are doing well. Unfortunately for me I fell way, way behind schedule because of a sudden hard drive failure mid-September and I had to get a whole new Macintosh to work on six weeks later. To make a long story short, I lost everything I was working on and I had to resort to having a few fellow members of the SRB2Kart community dig through Discord logs and locate WIP’s I had shared. On top of that I spent quite a while re-downloading all the programs I had and reconfiguring everything back to my specifications.

In the end I was able to reconfigure and get back into the swing of Photoshop and finish the pack’s newest racer, as detailed below, as well as finish the first batch of OC revamps for a later release (I’m currently seeking out VA’s so that’s why it’s not ready for the public just yet). A few other WIP’s were also recovered and I put them aside until I’m ready to dive into finishing them up for real. With how focused 2020 was on fixing up existing racers, 2021 will be leaning onto finishing up the V2 era of the SJBCP and getting some new faces into the pack. Revamps, if any, won’t come until much later.

That said, it’s time to introduce the pack’s newest addition:

attachment.php

Track from Dreamscape Gardens

Yup, it’s none other than Neku Sakuraba from Square Enix’ little RPG wonder The World Ends with You. I originally planned to get him done much sooner but the aforementioned hard drive failure and having to adjust to what was in all intents a new computer really set me back quite a bit. Having to make three OC’s at the same time and use Garry’s Mod of all things for references didn’t help either in the slightest. And with how much time he took to complete, there was a point where I went from “wanting to experiment with the sprites more” to “just wanting to get it done so he can move onto another character.”

attachment.php

Alongside Neku, two clipping/layering errors were fixed on both Hatsune Mike and Popcorn Robot (the latter also getting a small color update). Every racer’s filename was also updated with a “SJB” tag to make finding them in the file browser slightly easier. For those that host/play with the Abridged pack, the Vinesauce streamers were removed due to my growing distaste for the sprite work and a strong desire to give them a much-needed respite from scratch. Unlike with Kid Chaos when he got redone back in mid-2019, Vinny and Joel are still present in the full pack since I think the sprite work is serviceable enough there to warrant keeping them there. Besides there’s only so many times I can redo the same two sprites before I’m better off just redoing them completely from scratch.

Otherwise that’s all for now. I’m going to take a bit of a break or at least fool around with some of my other WIP’s and non-Kart stuff before I begin the next major addition(s) to the pack.

Attachments

• kart0807.png
    kart0807.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,221
  • kart0620.gif
    kart0620.gif
    5 MB · Views: 1,290
What a day to release some new racers, isn't it?

As a little treat from me to the community, it's time to finally re-launch the Original Characters section of the SJBCP! And within this special festive re-launch you will find a newely re-sprited Justin along with two relatives of his finally reunited: his brother Matt and his cousin Amy.

attachment.php

These three have been a long time coming and were another victim of the hard drive failure that delayed Neku and several other racers I was also working on. Mostly because I spent most of November actually finishing the spritework and all of December fetching custom voices for the three in place of having to scout out existing voicelines on the net, followed by many play-testing sessions to fine-tune everything.

Of course I had also started on remakes of Roger and Zax of the original OC pack and neither of them will be ready for quite some time (considering I have to balance progress between characters of the main pack as well as these two). Due to the sprite-style clash that would occur and the difference of sources in voiceclips, I opted to leave out the two until their remakes and the accompanying voices are properly finished and ready for release. If you still want to race as them out of curiosity, they're still part of the "Seperate" download of the main pack alongside Justin v1 (and they will eventually be removed from there as both the main and OC packs are updated).

That said, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year to everyone in the SRB2Kart community.

Attachments

• kart0624.gif
    kart0624.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,045
Last edited:
New update time already? Well it certainly took me quite some time to finish this one up. Not only was this another pre-"Mac HD failure" character, it was also a fairly new idea compared to most of the characters that were added to the pack's more recent version, having started him late August and only finishing him seventh months later.

kart0819.png

Track from Aparte Cup

That said, here's Wayne, the clay-animated finger-snappin' protagonist of the two Hylics games. Progress on him was smooth, though most of the time he spent in production was focused on his iconic crescent-shaped head.

kart0636.gif

I likely would have gotten him done later on so he could release alongside or close to another character deep into production but positive feedback from several Discord channels related to Kart motivated me to finish him ahead of schedule (as if there was any schedule to begin with). That and the realization that soon there'll be a point where I really need to move on from Kart v1 for an extend period so I can sort out other projects of mine that haven't been touched since 2019. Despite that there's a few characters left I'd like to develop and release at least before v2 hits the scene and I have to update everyone to the new kart model alongside extra frames not in v1.

The OC file has also received an update to fix the volume levels of its three racers to levels closer to the racers in the main pack.

Superjustinbros updated SJBCP 2.5 - Droll Scenario with a new update entry:

Update v2.6

Main character Pack (v2.5 -> v2.6):
View attachment 89349

Character Updates:
  • The Noid has received a remake, with new shading, improved drift and hurt frames, a new Wanted image, and a new signpost. He also uses Ruby as a new signature prefcolor in place of red.
  • Popcorn Robot has also received a similar update, giving him much more detail and a new, more CGA-y prefcolor in Ultraviolet.
  • Puyo’s sprites have been reworked, with more details and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back