Sin and Punishment 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

sin-punishment-2-screens-20081002031423217.jpg

SP.jpg

sin-and-punishment-2-20081002032147636_640w.jpg

I don't think too many people know about this game, but it's the sequel to the first "Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Earth", originally released for the Nintendo 64 in Japan only (despite the fact that it has English voiceovers, oddly enough). The game is now available for all regions on the VC for 1200 points. For those who don't know, it's a rail shooter (think Star Fox 64 on foot, but you have a sword and a gun). It's definitely worth checking out...although it's kind of short and arcade-styled, so if you're not into replaying it, it may not be your type of game.

Due to demand for a sequel, one will be coming out for the Wii later this year. The new trailer can be found here. I'll definitely be getting it, seeing as how I've enjoyed Treasure's other games like Gunstar Heroes and the original S&P.

So yeah, discuss.

Graphics aren't too hot, but it looks like it could be fun. I'd say my biggest concern is over spatial clutter. How will you know when approaching enemies are about to collide with you? Or does this game work differently than that?

View this video to get a better sense of how the game works.

The boss battles are incredibly fun and some of them are just downright awesome. The game doesn't always have you moving forward, there are points where you temporarily stop. As for the plot, it makes absolutely no sense if you haven't read the backstory for the game, and the level settings change so quickly you won't have any idea what is happening. The voice acting is also horrendous, but to the point where it's comical. These flaws aside, the gameplay is strong and that's where the fun lies. It saddens me that such a good game doesn't get much publicity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back