• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Silver the Hedgehog, a WIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you didn't understand what I was saying, I ment you can (and should) have the Aura AND Fur change color even though they are differnt colors. You can set 2 DIFFERNT colors to change and still have them be differnt for the default color.
Uh, no you can't

Srb2 Wiki. said:
It is not required that STARTCOLOR use a line of colors. Two sets of colors can be used, as long as they are within 16 values of STARTCOLOR. For example, with a blue character, having STARTCOLOR with a value of 232, and end with 247, the color cyan, 247, will change as well. However, SRB2 will treat them as if they are all along the same line of color, so making a character use green in a multiplayer game will cause both the blue and cyan colors to turn green.
Unless I misunderstood this....

UPDATE: working on his boredom frames, and in the process I got an idea: a pallet hack. I decided to mess around with some colorization and I found some shades of light green similar to the green that Silver had in '06. I also have a cyan version of him for a non-pallet hack version. Tell me what you think.
silvb1.png
silvb1green.png

note: the colors being replaced is the small little row of lime-ish green on the right-side of the pallet. I'm not sure what uses it but the colors don't seem to have much of a clash with them.

No, you didn't understand what I was saying, I ment you can (and should) have the Aura AND Fur change color even though they are differnt colors. You can set 2 DIFFERNT colors to change and still have them be differnt for the default color.

And said:
*insert SRB2 Wiki stuff*
Unless I misunderstood this....

@Hyper: Those look very good, I admit. although you shouldn't change the colour of his shoes. It looks odd. And, I may add, you forgot to put a mouth on the front standing sprite.

@Jeck: You misunderstood it. It says that if you're running out of colours to use, you can use two colours for one colour change. The game will think they're both the same colour. And other than the normal colour, they will both be the same.

I thought it would be good to do the adjusting gloves for a waiting pose, but those look good too. Anyways, almost down with some of the sprites, and got the life monitor thing down.

I like it better with changed shoes honestly. The shoes not changing just looks weird.

every frame looks good to me for that image size, but those forehead spikes looks so smooth, make em little sharper.

oh and if he got that levitation ability, i recommend to use color like
sprite0.png
this, I mean it's not cyan, it's between green and cyan.

Last edited:
...That actually isn't too bad at all. I'll be sure to use that, thanks :D

Progress is slow... lazy... :<

I don't even think that's in palette. :\
I'll check...

Edit: Yeah, it's out of palette. There is no colour between green and cyan in the official SRB2 palette.

Sorry but I kind of slooped off. Anyways, I have almost half of the spindash sprites done, and I already did the itembox sprites. I should have them all done by the end of next week.

I don't even think that's in palette. :\
I'll check...

Edit: Yeah, it's out of palette. There is no colour between green and cyan in the official SRB2 palette.
That sucks, then. :< I guess I'll stick with Cyan. Also, Chrispy did a good sprite of him having a green aura, so I think I'll use his. :/
Sorry but I kind of slooped off. Anyways, I have almost half of the spindash sprites done, and I already did the itembox sprites. I should have them all done by the end of next week.
I slopped off too, don't worry about it :P

Anyway I'd like to see the sprites =3

Alright, instead of posting all the pics of them, I will send you a link to download alll of my sprites so far. Just give me a few minutes, I am working on another sprite.

New sprites and a finished character selection screen!

silvchar.png

silverfloat.png

I made his quills stick up because if you ever played Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, you'd know that Silver's quills stiffed up when he used his PSI.

New sprites and a finished character selection screen!

<images>

I made his quills stick up because if you ever played Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, you'd know that Silver's quills stiffed up when he used his PSI.

I'm..
Even more looking forward to this wad more than ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back