Silver Cascade hints and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST218

Okay. Silver Cascade. Being partly underwater, many people hate this level, or at least have trouble on it. So, post your suggestions and tips here:

-Spindash. Yeah, believe it or not, it does work, and you do need it if you're the flag carrier. Sorry Zim team, this is not your map.

-Rail. Given the giant pit in the center that everyone has to cross in one way or another, shooting someone down over it is an instant kill, and quite useful. Learn to aim.

-Teamwork. This level requires a lot of teamwork. It doesn't hurt to have someone concentrate on protecting the flag.

-Since in most cases, the flag carrier has to spring up out of the water on their side, take advantage of that. Instead of trying to follow them, head them off where they have to jump up, shoot them, and take the flag.

-Tails loves this level, despite the many rail rings. Here's a good way to stay out of the dangerous water-Have a Tails player fly the flag carrier up to the rafters or across the water. It's faster, at the risk of being vunerable to Rail rings. However, if you're the flag carrier, make sure you're doing your part. Jump off as soon as possible, and oce you're on your side, stay there.

-OpenGL can't see through the waterfalls. Most people play CTF in OpenGL (the only software player who comes to mind is Ritz). Do the math.

Sonicandtails218 said:
-Teamwork. This level requires a lot of teamwork. It doesn't hurt to have someone concentrate on protecting the flag.

-Since in most cases, the flag carrier has to spring up out of the water on their side, take advantage of that. Instead of trying to follow them, head them off where they have to jump up, shoot them, and take the flag.

-Tails loves this level, despite the many rail rings. Here's a good way to stay out of the dangerous water-Have a Tails player fly the flag carrier up to the rafters or across the water. It's faster, at the risk of being vunerable to Rail rings. However, if you're the flag carrier, make sure you're doing your part. Jump off as soon as possible, and once you're on your side, stay there.

Aha. Aha. Aha :P
Well _somebody_ likes the strategy I thought up of :P

- Spindash under the water, it's the fastest way to move.
- Use the monitor to hop to the other side if it's available.
- TEAMWORK, PEOPLE! If you're Tails and your buddy has the flag, help fly him across or something. Or at LEAST up to the walkway things up in the sky so he can run across.

- Even if you're not the best aimer, collect the Rail rings if you go near them, so that opposing team members can't. That may avoid a future snipe on your noggin.

- If you corner someone inside a base, shoot him/her, and if successful, collect all the rings in the vicinity while the victim is impaired. That will force the damaged player to exit the location, either due to the need of collecting rings, or due to the fact you've already managed to shoot him/her while he/she was carrying no rings.

nice. Silver cascade hints.

I like the suggestions!

Also, here's one that almost goes without saying:

If you are tails and you get a Rail ring, fly up to the rafters and snipe from there. I't will take a while before someone realized you are up there, and even if they do see you, it is hard to aim that high.

Aegix said:
If you are tails and you get a Rail ring, fly up to the rafters and snipe from there. I't will take a while before someone realized you are up there, and even if they do see you, it is hard to aim that high.
woah

Ritz said:

I know sarcasm when I see it. If you'll notice, I said
aegix said:
here's one that almost goes without saying

I just posted that one for any newbies who happen to be reading this topic! I'm sure an expert like you would already have though of that.

(sigh) Why do you always try to shoot me down Ritz? Everyone starts off as a newb!

Sonicandtails218 said:
-Tails loves this level, despite the many rail rings. Here's a good way to stay out of the dangerous water-Have a Tails player fly the flag carrier up to the rafters or across the water. It's faster, at the risk of being vunerable to Rail rings. However, if you're the flag carrier, make sure you're doing your part. Jump off as soon as possible, and oce you're on your side, stay there.

-OpenGL can't see through the waterfalls. Most people play CTF in OpenGL (the only software player who comes to mind is Ritz). Do the math.

:P I'm a really good Tails player (At least somewhat adequate) and the first I could do easily. Also, I'm a software player.

SSNTails said:
I like to spindash across the water like a skipping stone.........

...since when can you do that? o.o

Animation75.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back