Silpheed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy

I recently picked up this game at the flea market (along with another Saturn controller and Duke Nukem 3D (<3)) and I've been loving it since. It's kinda like a Galaga and Star Fox (SNES) combination, but more awesome. It's for Sega CD, and for good reason - It uses a combination of FMV and polygons to make the best Sega CD experience I've ever had.
But it's better to show you... here.
Intro/Gameplay Video 1
Gamplay Video 2 (Recommended for quick viewing)
Gamplay Video 3
Gamplay Video 4
Gamplay Video 5

Those cutscenes.. were they real time? I didn't know the Sega CD could push that many polys o.o

Impressive.

I had no idea a 32-bit system was capable of something like this. Thats a lot of polys. =/

Why is the background running at a different framerate than the on-screen action? Looks like FMV to me.

FoxBlitzz said:
Why is the background running at a different framerate than the on-screen action? Looks like FMV to me.
Myself said:
It uses a combination of FMV and polygons...

Though, I've never noticed any framerate differences. Video recording problem perhaps?

It seems that your eyes need training. 30 FPS against 10-15 FPS should be pretty darn obvious.

FoxBlitzz said:
It seems that your eyes need training...
Quite possible. People say Sonic Adventure and SADX have different framerates, I haven't noticed a difference.

Billy said:
FoxBlitzz said:
It seems that your eyes need training...
Quite possible. People say Sonic Adventure and SADX have different framerates, I haven't noticed a difference.

Sonic Adventure runs at 30 fps, DX runs at 60 fps (most of the time). The DX cutscenes still run at 30 fps though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back