Signal_handler(): segment violation error (Please Help!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I just recently finished my greatest wad, (s&k3) Mecha Sonic which I can proudly say was done completely by me spritework and all, sure I can add it into the game and use it as a bot in srb2jte, but when I actually try to play as this character myself, I get this signal_handler(): segment violation error... Could you please tell me how to fix the problem???

I'll Begin said:
The sprites are too big.
No they aren't they are just as big as the metal sonic ones!!!
Unless of course file type has anything to do with it because I did use Paint
and saved them as 256 color bitmaps...

When I pick the character to play, all I hear is the starting music, sometimes the level loads up, but then the screen goes dark and says that...Long story short, I try using the character in the game,
it blacks out, and that message pops up in a little alert window before I even get to see the character...

Oh and if anyone wants to see those mecha sonic sprites of mine they are right here... And I'm proud of them!!!

Read the signs and enjoy his back, also to explain the first sign, I was listening to All Your Base while I was making these...

Dark Warrior said:
Read SRB2Wiki.

Did I miss something??? Because that didn't really help the first time...

Zupersonic said:
There must be something wrong in your S_SKIN or OBCJTCFG

OBCJTCFG

# Mecha Sonic
# Credits:
# The Metal Sonic Wad Creators (Note:I used the metalsonic wad as a base to make my own wad)
# Metallix Emperor

Character 6
PlayerName = Mecha Sonic
MenuPosition = 28
PicName = MECCCHAR
SKINNAME = MechaSonic
Status = 32
PlayerText = Fastest
Float Thok
Metal Sonic's
Mechanical Equal

#

S_SKIN

name = MechaSonic
face = MECHLIFE
facename = MESONIC
ability = 5
normalspeed = 36
thrustfactor = 6
accelstart = 69
acceleration = 46
spin = 1
startcolor = 192
jumpheight = 100
prefcolor = 8
waterskip = 1
runonwater = 1
allowsuper = 1
supercolor = 14
superanims = 0
boxindex = 6

Ok I'll upload it, but you cannot change the color of the sprites, the shape of the sprites, or the number/frame position of sprites used, just make it work!!! and I'll give you 25% credit because half the credit goes to me, and the other 25% goes to the makers of the metal sonic wad...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7pvztj

Segmint said:
Most likely, you do not have enough sprites.
Then tell me how the metal sonic wad works!!!

Also I managed to make it kindof work in net games but inly in netgames, but even then there are stil a few bugs in it, one the end sign is still what it always is, two every time you use a spring or collect a special ring the sigsegv error pops up, and three there is no saracter icon!!!...how do I fix it!?!?!

Read the SRB2 Wiki! It explains everything about character wads there. You said you read it, but if you had, you would have found the information you were looking for. To me, it just sounds like you are too lazy to get the information on your own, and want someone to do it for you.

I already read it and it said nothing about how to get past the sigseg violation error problem!!! All it said was contact the stjr staff to fix the problem!!!
Also on a side note, almost all of the sprites in my sprite sheet are used a maximum of 20 times each!!!
Also where in srb2wiki does it say "EXACTLY" how to fix and or avoid the sigsegv problem?!?!?!?!

Thankyou!!! And sorry because I have HDHD mixed with a very short temper and a very short attention span, three things that dont mix verwell at all....25% credit goes to you now!!!
Again thanks!!! PS. Thankyou very much, did I mention how happy you have just made me???
EDIT: Now if only I could only get the ending sign to do what I want it to...

Please use 1 punctuation mark per sentence. I don't need credit, you just deleted a buncha stuff in the objctcfg that needed to stay. Also you left in the auto capitalize on.

nitro_the_hedghog said:
Please use 1 punctuation mark per sentence.
But.*sniff* I can't help it. It's. It's who I am.

Now theres just the matter of replacing this
with this ... Which I have no idea how to do.

Also the shadow when he spindashes was supposed to be the same shape as he is when he spindashes.
It stil segsigvs when he jumps a spring and collects a special ring... How do I fix that???

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
Also the shadow when he spindashes was supposed to be the same shape as he is when he spindashes.
Go get SRB2JTE.

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
It stil segsigvs when he jumps a spring and collects a special ring... How do I fix that???
Go get the newest XWE beta. It has a function for lowercase naming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back