• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shut Up and Get On It - That DUMP Ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
tEpcEyv.png

Code:
Download: [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqtojg9ap1qtbts/scr_retrohillzone.wad?dl=0"]Hello Heres the map[/URL]
Title: Retro Hill Zone
Credits: I did all this
Maintainer Notes: Stupidly Linear
I changed Marble zone to be a closing to the map instead of an entirely new section of the level, cause I didn't feel like working on the map anymore.

You have some floating grass near the end of the stage in the background.
srb20161_1.png

I'll also add for Retro Hill Zone:

Many rings in the level are not floating. You should apply the Float flag to them so that they aren't sitting on the ground. Overall it just makes the level look more professional when your rings aren't just sitting on the ground.

Second of all, there's a Green Snapper near the end of the level that's hanging out right at a high ledge, making it impossible to continue without getting hurt. Maybe move him back a little bit and use a Block Enemies linedef to prevent him from getting close to the edge, so players can get up without being forced to take a hit.

Lastly, maybe add a blue colormap to the water instead of just leaving it completely clear.

Other than that, it seems like an alright level, especially if you've never released anything before.

All the levels you made look AMAZING! Just, when I will return to Israel from Austria, I will help Carlos with the boss, and I will post my BEST level here, so meanwhile, you can wait 2 days and enjoy the other levels that another players made.

What's wrong with that OpenGL Anyways, many things aren't working as good as in Software mode, Slopes, Colormaps and even weather effects, It looks like you guys focused more on Software mode and let Opengl aside, But i guess everything doesn't magically work on both renderers flawlessly .

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Updated my Mine Maze, Fixed few bugs and added few windows because the Map feels locked (Map Post) .

Last edited:
Okay it's Done, Mine Maze Revived, It took me 10 Hours to Build this, I Recreated some of the Old puzzles seen in Beta Mine Maze, and added my own stuff, Besides the map looks cool with some outdoor areas and is also well Detailed ( I Guess ), Everybody is welcome to give this a shot, Constructive criticism is very welcome ;) .

My browser tells me the file contains a virus. Obviously a false-positive, but that still can't be good.

Beyond that, the level is okay. It's a bit easy to get lost in the first part, but nothing too bad. The second part though, had me stumped for 5 whole minutes until I figured out these walls are actually elevators.

IG4Q1En.png

I'm sure there's a better way to tell the players these orange walls aren't actually walls without having to wait for them to be so bored that they try running into them.

Other than that, the level would benefit from some more decoration, it still looks way too empty.

Okay it's Done, Mine Maze Revived, It took me 10 Hours to Build this, I Recreated some of the Old puzzles seen in Beta Mine Maze, and added my own stuff, Besides the map looks cool with some outdoor areas and is also well Detailed ( I Guess ), Everybody is welcome to give this a shot, Constructive criticism is very welcome ;) .

The map takes up to 4-5 Minutes to beat, has only 3 Rings, and few hidden stuff (Shields, Lifes, Token .... etc)

srb20044.png

Software mode is strongly recommended, Slopes may glitch in OGL .

I Couldn't attach it, So i just uploaded it elsewhere :

Code:
Download: (Removed by mod in quoted post)
Title: Mine Maze
Credits: Myself for Making the map .
Maintainer Notes: Run this in Software mode if you don't want slopes to look wierd / want Weather effects .
Can you not use Solid Files as your file host? I click Download file and instead of the file I get a pop up ad and the window reloaded in a new tab. and the direct download link was blocked by fire fox

Edit:
I got Fire Fox to allow the file to be downloaded, and scanned the wad. No threat dected thankfuly.

Last edited:
Can you not use Solid Files as your file host? I click Download file and instead of the file I get a pop up ad and the window reloaded in a new tab. and the direct download link was blocked by fire fox
I removed the download link. Romio and all others, please attach your files (wads must be zipped to be accepted as attachments, just like in submissions) or use a trustworthy file host such as dropbox. Anywhere that serves up fake download buttons as advertisements, as an example, are strictly off-limits.

Malicious advertising doesn't even need you to actually click on it to do bad stuff to your computer these days. Please do not expose your fellow members to that risk.

Last edited:
Other than that, the level would benefit from some more decoration, it still looks way too empty.
Hmm i thought the level is already decorated enough, Midtextures where needed, Windows and wooden pillars to make feel like a Mine and various textures.

What else can i add beyond that, Though i was kinda aware players wouldn't realize those are lifts, Whatever i'm add gonna some hint to it .

Edit:
I got Fire Fox to allow the file to be downloaded, and scanned the wad. No threat dected thankfuly.
Yep, you should have Clicked "Direct Download", Not the green button .

I don't think the arrows convey the message enough. maybe make the trigger for the elevators be right at the entrance of the room so they all go down at once?

Speaking of that, How do i make a trigger to lower sectors with different tags all together at once .?

Speaking of that, How do i make a trigger to lower sectors with different tags all together at once .?
The linedef executor associated with a trigger sector activates every effect linedef in the control sector, not just one. So if you want to trigger a bunch of linedef effects all at once, just put them in the same control sector with the linedef executor. Naturally, each effect linedef can have its own tag.

New Icon
skytopicon.png

Code:
Download: [URL]https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6g01jka3wwuquk/Skytop.zip?dl=0[/URL] 
Title: Sky Top Zone Credits: Myself for the Level, SSN Tails for Drilla's Current Sprites,  
Music From Jazz Jackrabbit 2 online (Website) by Necros of the Psychic Monks
Maintainer Notes: I'd like this level to have emblems players can find located on it.
More Screenshots:
srb20176.png

srb20177.png

srb20167_1.png

srb20173_1.png

srb20178.png

srb20180.png

srb20179.png

Last edited:
We have reached the last 7 days left in the deadline! Hopefully everyone is on the track to get their maps in on time, but if not hopefully you can pace yourself to get it done by the 26th. If your map is still really short or you think you'll need more time, then no problem, but try for submitting by the deadline!

Really nice maps already submitted, too; I still need to write down my thoughts for them, but good show so far! If you're already done now though... maybe now would be a good time to find some emblem locations, or make Record Attack records to beat?

Last edited:
glaber help i can't get out

cydNZ3D.png

This is after the spot with the red diagonal spring between two ring monitors. Also, the first Drilla after the ramp at the beginning of the stage and the Drilla right above the yellow spring at the start of the rising floor section can both get a free hit on the player because Sonic blocks the view and you can't see them coming up (or at least that's what happened with me a couple of times).

also this is now 2 levels with drillas in them when did they become so popular what did i miss

there's a weak blue spring near the platform with the diagonal yellow on on it. I'll toss in a few more.

your walls could be a little more interesting

like I dunno, scenery objects, more textures, anything really

The linedef executor associated with a trigger sector activates every effect linedef in the control sector, not just one. So if you want to trigger a bunch of linedef effects all at once, just put them in the same control sector with the linedef executor. Naturally, each effect linedef can have its own tag.

Done .
srb20000.gif
EDIT : Original Post with New link .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back