• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Should I or Should I not (try to) make...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing Virt could do is make a exe file that is different from srb2 but you can get srb2 to close out and load that exe file than when it's done you can get it to close and run srb2. I know that would be time consuming. But another way is that you could make a file, I don't know what the file would be but you start by making that file, the file would have all kinds of cool graphics on it, you make it fun and look awesome, like the perfect level, then you get srb2 to open it. That way it wouldn't look bad and would be fun. You just need to trick that engine. Once you trick the engine into running that awesome file, then you will see space.
This is completely and 100% wrong. The correct way to do this is simply to make an EXE modification and hand out the EXE along with the WAD file with the data.

PS. You could give me some IQ points. I'm not stupid and I think of myself as a pretty clear speaker.
It doesn't matter if you're the next Martin Luther King, if your speech is an eloquent and inspired speech from the bottom of your heart that one plus one is equal to three, you're still completely wrong and it doesn't matter how well you say it. Your statements in this thread are completely wrong and it makes you look dumb. It has nothing to do with how you're saying it.

This is completely and 100% wrong. The correct way to do this is simply to make an EXE modification and hand out the EXE along with the WAD file with the data.

It doesn't matter if you're the next Martin Luther King, if your speech is an eloquent and inspired speech from the bottom of your heart that one plus one is equal to three, you're still completely wrong and it doesn't matter how well you say it. Your statements in this thread are completely wrong and it makes you look dumb. It has nothing to do with how you're saying it.

The first thing I mention was the exe file. Another thing is that it doesn't make me look dumb, just uninformed about old game technology. Which is true.

If you don't have a clue what you're talking about, then don't pretend that you do. It makes you look ignorant at best, moronic at worst. None of the posts you're making here are in any way correct, which isn't helpful to the original poster (because you're giving him bad advice that's not helpful) and also has the added effect of making a laughingstock out of you (because at this point the people on IRC are pasting links to your posts to make fun of you).

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't post! It's as simple as that.

While I personally don't much care about people making fun of you, because it's not my place to deal with that, I do care when you're giving bad advice because it's detrimental to the forums. Virt posted this topic asking on the feasibility of doing something, and you're giving him useless and incorrect information. I don't appreciate false information being posted as correct on the forums, and ask you refrain from doing that in the future or you will be infracted.

Yeah, Virt. You shouldn't.

It's just to complicated to do. But you can always ask advice on this forum I guess.

Pm me sometimes if you need any advice and I will try to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back