Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven't seen any of your wads

• I don't know...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately, I've been tryng to wad as you know. I haven't been doing well on it probably. No matter what I do, it's never enough. So I may quit wadding. Should I give up?

Just listen to the criticism and use it to make your future wads better. No one gets good reviews on their first wads, not even the people who are now experts.

The only reason people don't like your wads is because you keep taking sega sprites and putting them into a wad format. try editing something (no recolors!) to be your very own character. If you can't do that then try levels or SOC'c.

I guess even though I like to wad and that I enjoy how it comes out, I guess maybe I wasn't ment to be a wadder after all, I guess Sonic Advance 2 will be the last wad I make.

You need to think of what everyone else would like. That's the secret to an awesome wad.

Can I ask a question? Why do people find it better the flame the Critics because they put in "this could make it better?" I find it to very ignorant. So far, Sonow has been doing that to a lot of people.

I gotta find something good then. What would someone want in a wad. Something that I can do? No soccing or anything. What are the people looking for?

Sykotic, don't bring the argument from the other topic here. I'd rather keep it isolated to one topic.

Also, metalsonicmk72, if you aren't good at making character wads, try some other form of wadding. You could always make levels, or SOCs.

Really, unless you're going to actually CREATE your own character (read: not steal sprites from another game or recolor sprites from SRB2), there's really no point in making a character wad.

No! Don't stop wadding, damnit! Just because one wad ended up going on the wrong path, because of a certain banned member complaining about criticism, doesn't mean you should stop!

Look at my 10ish paragraph post in your topic. You'll see what I mean.

metalsonicmk72 said:
But doesn't it make sense to use offical sprites sometimes? I've seen CZ64 do it in some of his wads.
Only when I began making character wads, and if you look at the ripped character's descriptions on my site, you'll see that it was only because they were requests. They gave me the sprite sheets, and I wadded it. You don't hear about those wads anymore because as everyone knows, those kind of wads stink now.

I'm fairly sure Metal Sonic was my first character that didn't come from a sprite sheet, and was edited by me. You also have to understand that it may take a while, but if you start with a simple character (as Metal Sonic doesn't walk or run, but floats), you'll see how it'll be rewarding to create a new, original character.

FuriousFox said:
Sykotic, don't bring the argument from the other topic here. I'd rather keep it isolated to one topic.

Also, metalsonicmk72, if you aren't good at making character wads, try some other form of wadding. You could always make levels, or SOCs.
I agree with both of those sentences. But if you can't find anything you are good at and you have given it your all, then you can quit. But have you done that? No. Keep trying and always keep your head held high.

*Cries* WHY MUST YOU BE SO VIOLENT!?!

I was just saying that if there is nothing left to do and you can't go any further, then you can make a a topic like this.

Sonow Hakura said:
FuriousFox said:

I agree with both of those sentences.But if you can't find anything you are good at and you have given it your all, then you can quit. But have you done that? No. Keep trying and always keep your head held high.
Why should he quit if trying is when you keep on doing something even you do fall hard? You can't quit.

Live and Learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back