Shield Storage

[Open Assets] Shield Storage 2.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

⛧Labyrinthia⛧

Vampire scene rotgirl
Labyrinthia submitted a new resource:

Shield Storage - Store and exchange shields on the go!

DISCLAIMER

• This is a port/recreation of my old script from SRB2 v2.1;
• This should work in online play, unfortunately I don't have the people to test it, so I give no guarantees;
• THIS ADDON USES l_ButtonState.lua BY fickleheart (
GitHub), IT IS NOT MINE. The main repository...

Read more about this resource...

There is also a .lua mod that allows players to keep shields between acts and even zones right here. Is this by chance compatible with that mod? That'd be pretty cool if it is. Then again, a mod that allows you to store shields is already cool.

EDIT: Just tested it, and is it unfortunately incompatible with said mod. It is a damn shame, too, because keeping our stored shields between acts and even zones would be incredibly useful for the later zones.

Last edited:
This addon is really amazing, the only one slightly issue is that the Fire Flower despite being a stackable shield, will replace the current shield you were carrying. Im trying to see if i can make that hexadecimal to be ignored so it wont count as a Shield to be saved

There is also a .lua mod that allows players to keep shields between acts and even zones right here. Is this by chance compatible with that mod? That'd be pretty cool if it is. Then again, a mod that allows you to store shields is already cool.

EDIT: Just tested it, and is it unfortunately incompatible with said mod. It is a damn shame, too, because keeping our stored shields between acts and even zones would be incredibly useful for the later zones.
It's less about a compatibility issue and more that I specifically made it to be that way! The stored shields are cleared on player spawn (and player death...and when they get the PF_FINISHED flag). I'm gonna roll out an update with a couple CVars to make it more flexible in the foreseeable future.

This addon is really amazing, the only one slightly issue is that the Fire Flower despite being a stackable shield, will replace the current shield you were carrying. Im trying to see if i can make that hexadecimal to be ignored so it wont count as a Shield to be saved
I... completely forgot about Fire Flower, oops. Hm. Admittedly I haven't got the first clue to how I'm gonna handle stackable "shields" such as that but I can give it a shot. I don't give any guarantees though.

I... completely forgot about Fire Flower, oops. Hm. Admittedly I haven't got the first clue to how I'm gonna handle stackable "shields" such as that but I can give it a shot. I don't give any guarantees though.
Thats ok, im trying to figure it out too so ill give you a handy help if i come across with something then you decide to update it. Oh!! Before i forget.. I discovered that you can add the Force Shield having a unique sound in the weak state, i added as a extra shield having its sound. Its 1 hexadecimal less than the normal one

Last edited:
Labyrinthia updated Shield Storage with a new update entry:

2.1 Update! Compatibility changes and console commands.

Relatively sooner than what I expected but here we are! Let's get going. :blink:

CROSS-ADDON COMPATIBILITY
Should be easier now to make custom shields to work with this. Instead of having to edit the lua directly now all you need to do is create a config (or text) file in your luafiles/client/Shield Storage/ folder (Yes, you'll have to create the dedicated Shield Storage folder yourself).

The way you should lay out the information in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I think I'd enjoy this more if A. The "reset shields each level" thing was turned off by default with the mod, and B. if it allowed turning on "shield resets only through zone change" (with Red Volcano and Egg Rock being permanently unable to reset shields, given the former is a single act and the latter transitions directly into a trio of boss acts which would benefit from shields that they don't have.)

I mentioned this because without knowing it was even possible to enable shield carrying through levels, I thought this mod just didn't have it, thus making me basically write this mod off as "why bother if all the shields you stored reset when you leave the level?"

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back