SFGHQ Gone!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back up the database. Now. We don't want him taking us.

Actually, is there a program that will let you anonymously view the contents of a directory? It seems like that the only thing on the webspace is index.htm and twink.gif, I wonder if there was anything else on there.
With just a quick 'view source' glance, either this hacker did a rushed job or knows no HTML. There wasn't even a <BODY> tag in there for cryin' out loud. I don't think that he'd use the webspace for anything. Maybe he'd hacked for the sole purpose of testing his own abilities or for the fun of it.

While this is going on, I imagine Sonic fans running about screaming as "The Hacker" is blowing up the "SFGHQ Building" with his "HaXX0r B0md". With the typical Red Sky background.
Am I watching too much TV? 0_o

Trust me...I have connections, and do not fear that much. SFGHQ has backups of every facet of the site. It's not gone permanently unless Smidge has had enough (which I can't blame him if he has).

There is not a way to get the hackers IP address, we've been banning him for weeks from #srb2 Esper. He has a bazillion proxies and refuses to be banned.

So, he has more than one IP? Wouldn't that make him even easier to track?

If he uses IP Forwarding or something, wouldn't finding one IP let you find all the rest?

hotdog003 said:
So, he has more than one IP? Wouldn't that make him even easier to track?

If he uses IP Forwarding or something, wouldn't finding one IP let you find all the rest?
No, he has one IP that is hidden behind a bunch of other meaningless IPs.

akirahedgehog said:
Do you think Smidge can fix it Mystic or is SFGHQ doomed??
Smidge can fix it. You guys should have more confidence in Smidge at this point, considering how good of a job he does.

akirahedgehog said:
Is this the reason I all of a sudden can not get onto #srb2?
#srb2 Esper is currently +R, so you must register your nickname to join the channel. Type "/nickserv help" for information on how to register a nickname.

Geona said:
For the love of god, first Unmod, The CulT, SoaH, and now this!

I'm pretty sure that Seifer (who was involved with the OCR/Metroid Metal incident) has nothing to do with this incident. He has his own issues and agenda. As for this incident, I'm betting it's just some guy who has a beef with the owner of SFGHQ. I don't know, I'm not really a part of the Sonic community.

Walan said:
I'm pretty sure that Seifer (who was involved with the OCR/Metroid Metal incident) has nothing to do with this incident. He has his own issues and agenda. As for this incident, I'm betting it's just some guy who has a beef with the owner of SFGHQ. I don't know, I'm not really a part of the Sonic community.

I was talking about a more recent attack on unmod. it wasn't a big one, but it was definitely a hack job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back