Sega's new Wii ware title: Pole's big adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

super

newbe comic artist
Apparently Sega is doing a Mario style western cowboy game...Don't look at me like that I have proof http://gonintendo.com/?p=71416 so what are your thoughts on this new game? I think it looks interesting and the way they are pulling a MM9 trick is good. I wonder if any other companies will pull a game with NES graphics like Capcom did.

Don't be so sure. I mean, I'm sure it's not going to be the "OMGMUSTBUY!" game, but I get the feeling that enough people will purchase it.

People still classic feeling 8 bit games. Most people who own a Wii and have access to the Wii Shopping Channel own at least 1 NES title. Almost everyone I know was/is extremely psyched about Cave Story, another 8 bit game, coming to Wii Ware.

And I get the point of it being more than the 8 bit style that you think will hold the game back, I know what you mean.

That being said, I personally don't like it, and I can also see reasons that support the "It won't work anymore" idea.

Then again, I never liked the Mario games, and every time I saw that castle scene, I felt myself die a little on the inside.

vlcsnap-00003.png

Yeah, this is totally not the [?] block from Mario bros [/sarcasm]

I think it's intentional, both videos stink of parody.

The only parody I really cared in the least bit for was the one where the mushroom forced him to grow so large that he died.

To me it just looks like a series of poor design decisions that kill the player without any actual indication of danger. Trial-and-error becomes trite after a while and if I really wanted to play a terrible game, I'd just go ahead and get IWBTG.

And I don't.

There are mushrooms that make pole's penis grow.

Enough said.

oh and then later on in the game, it shows sprites and background tiles wrong on purpose.
If it played well this could be very good.
Oh and a game that is parody and that has me interesed is Eat Lead: The return of matt hazard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u6rgB7AC7g
Gameplay looks like shit but parody is hardly done on the vidya. Hope this two games will change that, proven they succeed.
As long as the gameplay and the jokes are fine, they'll sell.

FoxBlitzz said:
if I really wanted to play a terrible game, I'd just go ahead and get IWBTG.

And I don't.

What's wrong with you? Of course you do! >=D

This weird mario ripoff isn't something I'm going to try, though.

omgitsahackofsmb1

Which it virtually is. ? boxes, EXACT same bricks, for god's sake, there's STARS. Sure, they look like potions, but they make you flash and invincible.

I probably won't buy this, but I hope it gets released in the US just because it looks hilariously ridiculous.

I like it. It seems like IWTBTG-level parioding without really hard difficulty.
[spoiler:1719fbedd0]THEY PURPOSELY PROGRAM THE GRAPHIC GLITCHES LIKE IN THE OLD NES GAMES.[/spoiler:1719fbedd0] I'm gonna love this game.

I'm buying it. First 9 years of my life were nothing but NES. I'm diggin' it.

By the way, if you didn't figure it out, this is the game people were 'omg mario on sega check out dis website pls it has mushroom and THATS TTLY THE MARIO 1UP'ing bout a few months bck like morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back