Sega ruins its voice-acting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine what voice they'll give to Bean in Sonic Riders. We all know that 4kids sucks on that category. I bet they're called 4kids cause they're made by kids. Stupid rascals.

Meh, I'm just gonna go along with this. As unlikely as it seems, I would like to see Bean return. False hope does wonders in times like this, until the game is actually released and you have to cope with the disappointment by applying a razor to your wrists. And that, like, totally ruins the carpet.

firemario1001 said:
Does Ryan know that Sonic X and the Sega games do not share the same continuity?
He obviously knows that. Yuji Naka knows this as well. Obviously, the rest of Sega has failed to realise this.

Ryan offered to do the voice of Sonic in Sonic X, but 4Kids declined him, because he didn't live in New York, although they could have had him flown in. Video conferencing might have worked as well, maybe. If 4Kids wasn't moronic enough to decline Ryan's offer, Ryan, hell, mabye the rest of the game voices might still have their jobs.

Meh, what has happened has happened. The 4Kids actors might acually do a better job, considering that Sega is calling the shots, not 4Kids, or should I say, 4CRAPS, with them being hell bent on conesoring and their habit of trying to make their animes kiddy. Which had ruined many good animes, One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh, anyone? They persist on targeting kids, even though One Piece got a lot of popularity in Japan, with all ages, not just kids.

Meh, that's corparate America for you.

You want Bean, Ritz? You got it:
beans0ij.png

cronosonic said:
Meh, what has happened has happened. The 4Kids actors might acually do a better job, considering that Sega is calling the shots, not 4Kids, or should I say, 4CRAPS, with them being hell bent on conesoring and their habit of trying to make their animes kiddy. Which had ruined many good animes, One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh, anyone? They persist on targeting kids, even though One Piece got a lot of popularity in Japan, with all ages, not just kids.
Sonic was always designed for kids. The problem is that Sonic is enough old for get fans of two generations. The first generation was only kids, fine, but the second has kids and teens... And now, this new generation... Guess... That's the problem of be old, guys.

Anyways, I don't know what will they do for that "Sonic X 2"... The first Sonic X was based on the stories of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, but now? Wait, let me guess: Sonic Heroes. But not enough for fill the 52 episodes (Sonic X required two stories and, hovewer, a lot of chapters had left).

Well, the thing is that Sonic has fans of ALL the ages, and this is something difficult to solve correctly... I don't think that Sonic Riders will be a great success like the first games of Sonic (hovewer I think that the new character (the new rival) will left, at least he's not pathethic as Big)...

Ehm, I don't know how I did this, but it was a BIG off-topic that I made, and beginning with an on-topic post :?

SuperBlastero said:
I personally am NOT going to let the Sonic world end up like this.
Too late. The bad games began in the Saturn age and since then the old Sonic didn't appear anymore. Seriously, how many of you want to see HyperSonic again? It was great. It only appeared in a game. Except some of the Advance games, you can't turn into SuperSonic in middle of the gameplay AGAIN, in any of the games after the Genesis age. The only moments you turn into SuperSonic is in the final bosses. ONLY.

According to the first pictures of the third generation of Sonic, it looked that initially Sega wanted to return to the basics: Sonic and Eggman, nothing more. Dreadknux (the guy of Sonic Stadium) said this, and the video of the new generation only shows Sonic and Eggman, like a Sonic 1 in 3D. But Sonic Riders show that we were wrong. As giving glasses to Sonic and put that green enemy will change everything. It's true that Sonic Riders looks fun, but I bet that it's other game in the same style.

Sik said:
SuperBlastero said:
I personally am NOT going to let the Sonic world end up like this.
Too late. The bad games began in the Saturn age and since then the old Sonic didn't appear anymore. Seriously, how many of you want to see HyperSonic again? It was great. It only appeared in a game. Except some of the Advance games, you can't turn into SuperSonic in middle of the gameplay AGAIN, in any of the games after the Genesis age. The only moments you turn into SuperSonic is in the final bosses. ONLY.

According to the first pictures of the third generation of Sonic, it looked that initially Sega wanted to return to the basics: Sonic and Eggman, nothing more. Dreadknux (the guy of Sonic Stadium) said this, and the video of the new generation only shows Sonic and Eggman, like a Sonic 1 in 3D. But Sonic Riders show that we were wrong. As giving glasses to Sonic and put that green enemy will change everything. It's true that Sonic Riders looks fun, but I bet that it's other game in the same style.
Note the bolded part. Um, what? I don't recall there being all that bad games in the Saturn era... and if there were, we had Traveller's Tales to blame, not Sonic Team, who was too busy making GOOD games for us to worry. And I liked their Sonic games, incidentally.

Me too (they made a good work with Sonic 3D in the Genesis technically), but the Sonic essence began to be lost since that moment. Sonic Adventure was good, but it simply scrambled the things: since that game and fowards a lot of characters were added and Sonic was simply another character in the game at the same level of the others, when he must be the hero.

The Saturn version of Sonic 3D Blast rocked so many socks. I really can't see why everyone hates the gameplay, but the Saturn version had music on par with SCD, and the special stages just might be better than Chaotix's. Which would make them the best special stages in the series. Really, the special stages are reason enough to buy the game.

Seriously. They really ARE that good, unlike the Genesis version's [Which are still respectable] and the PC versions [Which are so horrible they should be avoided at all costs]

Well, then, frankly, I completely disagree. The Genesis ones sucked ass, it was the PC ones that seemed pretty respectable.

The PC ports are pathethic. Seriously, I'm still fighting with my PC version of S3&K (luckily I have the Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles for the Genesis). The game is the same but for the emulator used (if there is an emulator, simply have a sound test in the level select that you can't use is a good proof of this) ruins it in some way that gets the game lose something that I can't describe exactly with words, but looking it finally not that "sonicy".

If you own the game, then use an emulator over try the PC version. You'll preffer this, really. And if you turn on the blur, the 3D renders and the "transparency" will look a lot better, and the PC versions have a lack of this. And I didn't say anything about the savestates, for cheaters :P

Anyways, if the S3&K PC version is an (modified) emulator, really, then it's really good technically, because have that speed in that time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back