Sega ruins its voice-acting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omega the Hedgehog said:
I find it sad and depressing that I always end up loving the games and styles that everybody else hates. Hence I don't find this funny at all =/

It's because you're not a fanboy.

I can't stand the direction the series has taken since 1998. Try playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for a while and then play Sonic Adventure 2. Aside from similar looking characters, the 2 games feel completly different from one another.

Firemario speaks the truth. Compare the older games to SA and above. It's an entirely different series, sans the characters, who really aren't the same characters, anyway. Well, in a manner of speaking.

If Sonic's eyes were still black, this wouldn't be happening now. :7

Wow, that was a pretty long message.

Sonic X voice cast for US sucked because 4Kids are idiotic retards destroying the once good masterpiece we know as the japaneze Sonic X.

Where I live, there is 4Kids TV. Cabbage Patch Kids and Sonic X do NOT belong on the same channel dammit.

You know, there are only a few things I disliked about this:

- While I disliked Ryan Drummond (and still do), I appreciated his motivation.
- Shadow will no longer sound quiet and angsty, but rather mentally, angrily deranged.
- Big will no longer sound lovably stupid. Why hath thou forsaken Big the lovably stupid?

Otherwise, I have no problem. Tails and Dr. Eggman have pretty awesome voice actors to do their jobs (although sometimes I feel Mike Pollock sounds like he's trying too hard to make Dr. Eggman sound evil) and Jason Griffith sometimes sounds a whole lot better than Drummond depending on what tone of voice he is using per week. Above all, I only play the new Sonic games in Japanese (except for Sonic Advance 3, which had very few voice clips so it wouldn't have been worth the trouble importing it). Since I care more for Junichi Kanemaru than I do for Drummond, I'm happy that Junbow and the rest are staying aboard.

I'm just hoping SEGA of America would choose to keep dual-language options. Gamecube SONIC HEROES didn't...

Yes, there is a reason not to. It's called business. SEGA is doing this to tie in Sonic X with the game franchises. I'm sorry to say but they're not going to change their minds about this. It sucks, of course, but business is business. SEGA obviously feels this is a strong move on their part and they're not going to hesitate to carry this out. No protest is going to make them change their minds. Also remember that the average gamer does not particularily care who voices the characters. For every gamer who cares about Ryan Drummond's well-being, there are thirty to forty others, possibly even more, who don't. They play the game, they don't care, and I'm not saying they should. That's just them, and voice acting is not massively important anyways.

Exactly. Boycotting won't do a single thing, because, as I mentioned above, the number of people who don't care about the voice actors overwhelms the number of people who do. An example: SONIC HEROES had some pretty bad voices and a terrible script to boot, yet it sold relatively well (read: relatively). Think the script and the voices were a major factor here? Yeah right.

That's your opinion.

Who else's opinion could it be?

You don't have a need to feel defensive about what I said. Just because I'm providing why a protest would not do a single helpful thing doesn't imply that you have to cease from doing so, because like everybody else my opinion could be just as flawed as the person sitting next to me. And yeah, saying "that's your opinion" is silly because that implies your opinion is being jeopardized whenever somebody provides one which contrasts it. So, loosen up and carry on what you please.

Actually there is only a problem: voices are bad, but you can't imagine the characters with another voices (at least until you hear them)... Sorry, but that's the true... And about Big sound stupid, it fits because Big is stupid. Well, not stupid exactly, he's too innocent, and for that reason he doesn't fit in the game. It's the true.

Exactly! If only SEGA would look to see that the script they wrote of SonicX almost takes place in a completely different world! Well, kind of but, you get my point..

firemario1001 said:
Does Ryan know that Sonic X and the Sega games do not share the same continuity?
And that means anything? It's not like that stopped Sega of Japan from lending THEIR video game VAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back