Second level wa too hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing a Sonic game gives you a sense of control about how things are done, you're trapped in a vast landscape that you will ultimatly conquer, except in the second act of the second Zone, wow.. long and very very difficult, no sign of Emerald tellys either

But what a fantastic game, I've taken time off my regular MMO to enjoy this masterpiece

He's talking about THZ2, which just about everyone can pretty much agree, is too hard for that early in the game.

'Kay, so at the beginning, there's a Crawla Commander. Stay in spindash position until he hits you, then do a spin jump to finish him off.

Now, there's a hidden spring at that area. Look for a discolored panel and fall onto it to go into an air vent on the roof. Go to the left and fall onto the conveyor belt flooded with rings. Keep going in the direction it takes you until you reach an area with a liquid shield and ring monitors. After you get the monitors go back the way you came from to the beginning of the level.

At this point, if you want to get both emerald tokens, it's crucial that you do not lose the shield. You'll see why later. For now, you have two directions to take. One way is heavily guarded by lasers and crushers. Losing the barrier here is very likely, so don't take it unless you know what you're doing.

The other way is another area, one which is guarded by a turret. The key to not getting hit is staying behind something when he's firing at you. At the beginning, stay where you are, as that's your first safe spot. When he's done firing, jump to the next platform and hide behind the boxes for the turret's next round of shots. Afterwards, jump to the next platform and quickly get to the next one, as the floating platform will soon fall into the chemicals below. (It should be noted that liquid shields are not succeptible to chemicals. If you fall into it, quickly speed thok back to your beginning spot before the turret gets you!) Now, ignore the platform with a flame shield on it, and rush directly toward the red button and press on it while the turret is at its interval of rest. The button will destroy the turret and open the gate to another area.

Next part is easy. Keep rushing onward, not getting hit by enemies, and go to the path of the conveyor belts. Watch out for the crusher that looms over the pathway to the next room.

When you get to the area with three red buzzers, destroy them and look for a discolored portion of a wall. Jump into it, and you'll find a token!

Now here's the part where the liquid shield is essential. Ignore the yellow springs and jump directly into the chemicals. Go to your right to find hexagonic (or oxagonic, I dunno) pillar with a hole in it. Jump into it and be blown upward by a powerful current. After a ride in the wastes, you'll see an invincibility monitor and - tada - another token.

After this, you needn't worry about the liquid shield, though it could be of use if you have a tendency of falling in the chemicals. Since the arrow points right, it'd be logical to go right, where the conveyor belt leads. You'll find a big red button, which, when pushed, will make the arrow point upward and open the entrance to the next level. Again, go where the arrow points to the red springs. If you look down, you'll see a couple groups of floating barrels. Jump onto them to reach the goal.

It's not hard at all. You just need to know what to do. ;P

Nah, THZ2 isn't about knowing what to do as much as the fact that most newer players haven't gotten a full grip on the controls by that point, and hence die because if you screw up in THZ2, it tends to be lethal. In the stages before that, screwing up just isn't a big deal. In THZ2 it'll kill ya.

It's well known that THZ2 is too difficult, but as it's a demo we haven't bothered to fix it because there are only 3 zones, after all. In the final, I assure you, it will be toned down.

Or you could make it a later zone in the game, can't you? If it's Zone 5, you can easily keep it the same difficulty and replace Zone 2 with Deep Sea Zone.

On the other hand, that probably wouldn't have very good continuity. Plus, it'd be interesting to see how THZ can be recreated....

Maybe it's because I constantly play as Knuckles, but THZ2 is a breeze for me.

Gack, who am I kidding, it's most definitely because of that ... I'd imagine that playing as Sonic is at least three times as difficult in such a level. I echo the thread-creator's opinion. (but really, as Knuckles, it's almost like cheating, because you can just simply climb and glide anywhere and skip multiple parts of the level ... )

True, but it really depends. Sonic, as would be expected, can get done with levels very fast even though he can't take any aerial shortcuts, and can be a great character if you're experienced with SRB2, mainly due to his speed thok. Tails, however, can easily get around as long as there are multiple floors to fly to, such as in Mystic Realm.

Really, I never use Knux. He's well-rounded, which is good for single-player, but the fact that you can simply change characters when online makes him best used for just scaling walls and gliding quickly in Sapphire Falls. Tails can carry teammates in ctf, and Sonic overkills everyone else in race, so.... =P

You COULD just play in Easy mode. It removes some of the enemies and a few of those oh-so annoying lasers.

GCFreak said:
Wow, Blue Warrior, you should write walkthroughs more often. o_o

Heh, thanks. I'm a lot more helpful in my writing than I am in real life. =P

Now that I think about it, what you suggested may actually be kind of fun....

THZ2 is fun in co-op/race because I tend to be the "bomb defuser"... I'm the guy who pwns the turret before the timer hits 13 seconds, while everyone else is either beating up the Crawla Commander or trying to get ahead of me by going on the conveyers, then blows through the deton path so he can hit the lower button while everyone else is still having fun running around on the conveyers the other path has.

I just wish the deton path didn't close when I take it... :( It makes me feel selfish.

Techno Hill 2 is a pain in the rear. I can't stand the freakin' turret part, and the Crusher part happens to be annoying when my controller Glitches up...

I don't find THZ 2 really difficult. But I suppose I found it difficult at one point... Guess I just memorized it.

The Deton path is slooow... I hate taking it, and I don't take it anymore, because you have to wait for the stupid lift to go all the way down to you, then bring you back up after you hit the button. I swear, that thing moves at a mile an hour. Please, increase the moving platform speed in GFZ2-THZ2 before the final game comes out. The Genesis games didn't make you wait so long. And it's even worse than having to watch a cutscene because absolutely nothing happens while you are on the moving platform.

THZ2 gets easy once you know the level. It took me a while to find out how to get to the end when I fist played. But right now, I can finish THZ2 in about 2 and a half min. tops.

Hard? No no no, all you need is good timing to get past the rows of crushers just as they start coming up...

Meh. Maybe a little hard?

Dark Mystic said:
THZ2 gets easy once you know the level. It took me a while to find out how to get to the end when I fist played. But right now, I can finish THZ2 in about 2 and a half min. tops.
1:03.

THZ2 is simple you just have to know how to dodge things (Turrets, and annoying enemies) you have to know how to time your moves right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back