Screen Capturing Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently considered the idea of making films with SRB2 when I got FRAPS to make films with Halo PC.

I also recently discovered that its virtually impossible (as far as I know) to record anything from SRB2 using FRAPS.

If you're not familiar with FRAPS, its basically a program which captures the footage of games you play.

I'm wondering if anyone knows any programs, or just trick-methods I can use to record what's going on my computer screen so that I might record the footage of SRB2.

Any help would be great, thanks.

<3 High Hat 314

I actually made that back when 1.09.0 was out. It used different Super Sonic music (from Viewtiful Joe). Also, the lag you see is from all the bots jumping at once, creating too many 3D sounds. It's like that in the real SRB2. For example, you can make a whole bunch of Tails bots fly at once, and your framerate will drop to 2 FPS.

http://chaos.foxmage.com/AkuKitsune/srb2JTESlow.png

(Note the Fraps counter in the top-right corner)

Dangit, no way to record video's in Software mode? I was hoping I would be able to make an SRB2 movie in the future. Guess not.

I also have FRAPS and I can record video while in Software mode.
If you want proof, tell me, and I will upload a video in sendspace or Google Video (one can see the difference between OpenGL adn Software)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back