• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

scr_golden_temple.wad (Verison 0.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posting a screenshot of Zone 2-1...

I don't even want to know whats hiding in there...

Beta part of the area.

Zone 2 is named UNDERGROUND CAVE, which is themed as a mine shaff, I would be careful here, as you never know whats lurking in dark corners...

Ok, Checker Hill pwned, but in Act 1 it was far too short, Act 2 had about one place where you knew where to go, 1 place that was easy, and 1 place wherethere was even Thing distribution. Act 3 was frustrating. Half the pillars took excessive skill to jump up, and it was stuffed with rings. I wasn't even bothering about rings and still got 184. All the CHZ levels were a bit cramped, too. Metal Something Zone, can't remember what, was EPIC PHAIL.
SEE EPIC PHAIL HERE:
http://www.imagehuge.com/out.php?i=12913_srb20210.png
AND HERE:
http://www.imagehuge.com/out.php?i=12914_srb20211.png
PHAIL!

Overall, 7.25/10. Better than I could do in terms of scenery, yet worse in layout.

SonicX8000 said:
srb20044fs8.png
Nobody does good railroad tracks. :(
srb20310if2.png

Ok, link updated, Zone 2-1 may be done or not, have to think about the part near the end.

I should note that Detons are now recolored black.

Start. (Like a connecting from Zones.)

Ow.

Tracks.

Heed those signs, really. (They are a texture.)

The backside of the signs. (Texture.)

Anything need changing?

Ok, I played it, and I have to say a few things...

1. The falling rock at the end of the big room is near impossable to pass. Make it fall slower, or something.

2. The pit at the end doesn't kill you.

3. It's impossable to get out of the water at the start. And there ain't a colormap.

Other than that, pretty good.

Golden Temple, eh? As mentioned before, this reminds me alot of Moonlander's old Golden Ruins (not being made anymore, if anyone wants it, I have it here if you want.)

I played through this level pack, and on the whole, it's pretty nice. Checker Hill has some REALLY skinny platforms that aren't very nice to play with, though. Better sort those out. And FINALLY, a decent released mine level. Good job. =)

Oh yeah, check your PMs, SonicX8000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back