• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Scourge.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spongecar

WishI had a better internet
I've decided to have a crack at making a character I haven't seen else where in the SRB2 community. Scourge The Hedgehog. Sonic's evil twin from Anti-Mobuis.

If you don't know who Scourge is, here's some info for you:
scourgeking.png
Scourge the Hedgehog (formerly known as Anti Sonic or Evil Sonic) is the version of Sonic the Hedgehog from Anti Mobius. Scourge is an exact opposite of Sonic in all aspects, especially in terms of personality. Scourge mistreats others, is selfish and greedy, and has a great desire for power. Originally, Scourge, like all other alternate versions of Sonic Prime, looked identical to him, differing only in personality and attire. All this changed when Scourge, in a failed attempt to steal the Master Emerald with Rouge the Bat, sampled the Emerald's power and was permanently changed. Though he has been allied with others in the past, in truth, Scourge is only out for his own gain. Initially remaining a small-time villain and renegade, Scourge became a far more serious threat when a discussion he had with Sonic during one of their fights forced him to realize the two weren't so different. Scourge returned to his home reality, resolving to distinguish and set apart everything from their Prime counterparts. Within a matter of days, Scourge took over the planet and control of his old gang, the Anti Freedom Fighters, renaming and reshaping them into the Suppression Squad, with Scourge and Fiona Fox as their leaders and King and Queen of the planet itself. Following the betrayal of his team, Scourge attempted a final stand against Sonic and his allies by becoming Super Scourge using the Anarchy Beryl in his throne, but was defeated once again and captured by Sonic. However, he later broke free from Sonic's custody, and after a failed attempt to destroy the No Zone, was captured by the Zone Cops and is currently imprisoned in the No Zone.

Due to my terrible spriting skills the sprites may look strange.
playa5.png

playa4a6.png

playa3a7.png

playa2a8.png

playa1.png

Well how bad does he look?

I wondered why the jacket seemed to be missing something. I'll fix that if I can do it.

Looks like the Sonic from Srb2. Only with stuff added onto it. Wouldn't it be then considered a recolor or what ever the word was.

Well technically he's an official character. He's quite a major villain in certain issues of the Archie Comics.

But this wouldn't look like a recolor if he make the char like it really is in the picture:

*He have shoes similar to the knuckles's shoes(I said similar, but sure, you have to make some alterations).
*He have to look more evil than Sonic.
*And finally, he have a kind of symbol on his head.

I doubt that he will be looking like a recolor after you make these alterations.

I might throw Scourge's crown in after the sprites are designed.

& here are the (awful) waiting sprites. They looked a lot better in my imagination...
playb1.png

playb2b8.png

playb3b7.png

playb4b6.png

playb5.png

He's peering over the top of his Sunglasses if my bad sprites don't show that so well.

Wuts up with his arms on the back sprites?
But seriously, I never knew Sonic had an evil twin brother. That sounds like some sort of a stupid fancharacter who should be named... Cinos! It's Sonic! Spelled. BACKWARDS. x3
(Seen this scene on Sonic Shorts 6 on Newgrounds)

Funny you should mention Sonic Shorts 6. Scourge shows up in that. On the short with Fleetway Super Sonic.

In all honesty this is a recolor, and a very badly done one at that. If you're not even confident with your own skills, then you shouldn't be making a wad just yet.

In the 4th sprite(the diagonal one), the sunglasses suddenly disappear.

I might throw Scourge's crown in after the sprites are designed.

& here are the (awful) waiting sprites. They looked a lot better in my imagination...
playb1.png

playb2b8.png

playb3b7.png

playb4b6.png

playb5.png

He's peering over the top of his Sunglasses if my bad sprites don't show that so well.

Those arms... are hilarious. Please fix those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back