Scientists re-create effects of bing bang!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoJames

Well...they'r trying to
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/broadband/tx/universe/If you don't wanna click the link here a quote
In the coming months the most complex scientific instrument ever built will be switched on. The Large Hadron Collider promises to recreate the conditions right after the Big Bang. By revisiting the beginning of time, scientists hope to unravel some of the deepest secrets of our Universe.

Within these first few moments the building blocks of the Universe were created. The search for these fundamental particles has occupied scientists for decades but there remains one particle that has stubbornly refused to appear in any experiment. The Higgs Boson is so crucial to our understanding of the Universe that it has been dubbed the God particle. It explains how fundamental particles acquire mass, or as one scientist plainly states: "It is what makes stuff stuff..."
Be warned...theres a chance a black hole may be created :o

DISCUSS

What's the 'Bing Bang'?

I've read about the LHC, and just for the record, it says it will recreate the conditions after the big bang, not the event itself. And yes, the LHC is capable of creating a mini black hole every second.

NeoJames said:
Be warned...theres a chance a black hole may be created :o

These black holes are incredibly small and decay in small periods of time. I forget how long, but a second is like an entire day to how long it takes them.

What's the point of recreating the big bang. I don't even think that's how the world was started. *cough* It's a *cough* theory *cough*

Slurgly said:
What's the point of recreating the big bang. I don't even think that's how the world was started. *cough* It's a *cough* theory *cough*

When has not believing in something stopped scientists? In fact, that's how you prove things work the way they do or don't; you use testing to see if the theory is functional.

So...you're saying that they are recreating the big bang to see if it actually could and did make the universe?

Yes, exactly. How else would they know if the theory has the proposed effects without viewing them personally? That's always been one of the biggest flaws in the Big Bang Theory-that no one was actually there to see it happen. An experiment like this could slightly rectify that problem and give scientists the opportunity of a lifetime, really.

If the world blew up, we'd all win no matter what. See, look here:

If we go to heaven, then there'll be lots of video games and an endless supply of graph paper and d20's.

If we go to hell, we'll still get all those things because the crazy fanatics think they're the province of the devil.

If we reincarnate, we'll obviously end up on a cool world like Lunar or Dominaria or the alternate Earth where Harry Potter takes place, because ours is the only vanilla land allowed to exist.

If nothing happens after death, then we won't care and we'll be in a perpetual state of nirvana.

Go scientists, blow up the world!

Sonicandtails218 said:
That's always been one of the biggest flaws in the Big Bang Theory-that no one was actually there to see it happen.

Wouldn't that be true for any of those kinds of theories?

<Professor_Farnsworth> Bad news, nobody, the supercollider super exploded.

On a more serious note, I hope that the cable news channels will show this happening on TV, I would love to see it.

If the earth exploded, every other mass rotation will be screwed up, the planets will hit each other at incredibly high speeds and create smaller planets. Just like the theory of the creation of the moon.

And if it was a big black hole, everything around it would be sucked into a black pit of nothingness!!!

EDIT:Creation of the moon pic from a super computer.
http://topex.ucsd.edu/es10/lectures/lecture03/moon.gif

And yes this would happen too
<Professor_Farnsworth> Bad news, nobody, the supercollider super exploded.
[offtopic]Note: He got that from IKEA of all places >_>.[/offtopic]

Pfft. The earth wouldnt explode. The machine will open a spacial time rift. We would be sucked through time and would end up on this very day. Enough time to tell the scientists that they are damn dumbasses and will tell them to not turn it on. Anywho, somebody said we should exit the earth when they turn the machine off. That way we could see if it causes something or not. Blach Hole FTW. *bricked*

I personally think the whole "BIG BANG" theory is a bunch of baloney. I mean it says that everything started off with dirt and then it exploded, but what I want to know is where did the dirt come from?

Oh, and I am a Christian and I believe that everything was created by God in seven days. Believe what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back