• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SASRB2 v1.1 Demo! (v1.08 Update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fun to play GFZ act 2 backwards.

Wait, "Sonic Golf"? What is "Sonic Golf"? And how do you unlock it? I've beaten Ultimate mode already with SASRB2, and it still doesn't unlock. Unless, of course, it hasn't been already placed into the game, then I'll feel silly.

cronosonic said:
there are camera problems, you should get that fixed.

There are no camera problems. All you have to do is turn Analog Control off in the options menu. ;P

There's camera problems that have been present for all of SRB2's 5-6 year life span. They're as fixed as they're gonna get.

And, of course, anything from FD1.1 in the "no FD1.1" option will not unlock because this is a "modified game". =P And if you can somehow unlock it, It probably won't work because regular SRB2 fd1.1 needs resources that aren't in the current SRB2.srb =P

BlazeHedgehog said:
There's camera problems that have been present for all of SRB2's 5-6 year life span. They're as fixed as they're gonna get.

Actually, if you tell me what they are, I might be able to fix them.

I managed to notice a slight, but fun nonetheless, glitch that results from this version of SA-SRB2. Whenever you save a game within the first three levels and reload it later, every color on sonic that was blue with turn appropriate shades of green. Sonic will thus turn into the ever popular Ashura the Hedgehog. I've noticed that this happens with tails too(Ashura the Fox?).

In the off chance I'm wrong, I had saved in the second act of Green Flower Zone as Sonic on normal. The greeness continues on into the third zone too. Unfortunately, as the game automatically ends there unless you use the level select, I could not see if it happened with the other unaltered stages.

When I try to run it in SRB2 v1.08, it gives me this:

"R_InitTextures: Missing patch in texture BRIDGE"

Help?

That's my fault. There's one of two things you can do;

- In the launcher, use the "No FD1.1" option. (easy, might not work in netgames)

or..

- Crack open SASRB2_demo.wad in Wintex or XWE and delete the "Texture1" and "pnames" data lumps. (advanced, best option)

I still cant open it

EDIT:k got it open but it's not working properly.says"can't find wad file" or somethin.

BlazeHedgehog said:
- Crack open SASRB2_demo.wad in Wintex or XWE and delete the "Texture1" and "pnames" data lumps. (advanced, best option)

what "texture1" and "pnames" lumps?

This rocks. I love green flower's act 1 ending. But is the game supposed to crash when you collect an emerald token and finish the stage?

what "texture1" and "pnames" lumps?

I uploaded the new version ages ago with those removed. If it says it's missing a WAD file, well, you're missing a wad file. You don't all have them in the same directory or something. You just install it in the same place you have SRB2 installed and use the custom demo launcher.

If you're still getting errors after that, it's hardly my fault.

This rocks. I love green flower's act 1 ending. But is the game supposed to crash when you collect an emerald token and finish the stage?

This is because SRB2's special stage start # changed, and I have SASRB2's set to start at map 50. I'll be replacing the special stages anyway so I left it like that. Just... don't try to get Chaos Emeralds ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back