• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SA2B mod -- Beta 1 --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey STHE123O, can you also make the Time Attack requirements a little more than 8 minutes? I haven't completed all levels and my time is more than 8 minutes already.

For some reason I'm never able to get Time Attack bonuses, and believe me, that gets annoying.

Tails.

He beats most courses with times UNDER 30 SECONDS. Some a little over a minute AT MOST. How can you find that hard?

Tails.

He beats most courses with times UNDER 30 SECONDS. Some a little over a minute AT MOST. How can you find that hard?

Thanks, I'll try it. I did play some stages with Tails. Another question, where did the boss levels go? They're nowhere to be found.

EDIT: Yay, I have beaten Time Attack. The Extra Level is really... yeah, something.

Last edited:
Bosses were removed because they suck and lower the funny of the mod (in my opinion)

oh and more progress on levels:

Now, Green Forest is the second Sonic zone that is complete! (first is Metal Harbor, and yep, i have added the rocket part)

gforest.png

My eyes are bleeding in pain. Those textures look absolutely TERRIBLE.

why? it make the level cooler!

EDIT:

-I have fixed a very importanta thing.... now you cant go through all the level flying with Tails (mainly in City Escape, but i have fixed other levels too)

-Breakable walls added to some levels

-Oh! and more progress on Tails levels:

Mission Street is finished

Eternal Engine is longer now

Last edited:
I actually decided to try this out the other day. It was below average at best.
It's nice to see some SA2 textures in the game, but some really hurt my eyes. Like the grass, can't you just use SRB2's ordinary grass textures? Green Forest (if that's what it's name was) was also, REALLY green. Green everywhere. I know it's green, but it was never that green! I think it'd help if you instead of using the green slime texture for the death pit you used water like how sa2 originally had it.
I just don't know what to say about the levels. They are sort of ports from SA2 so I won't tell you how there's no alternate paths, it's a level over a death pit, etc. Because that's not what the mod's going for, right? The levels weren't bad for the most part, but they were just boring, minus the emerald hunt levels, which were actually decent. But that was sort of ruined by the rap music that I always hated, even in the original SA2.
This one space level who's name slips my mind also had strangely thin platforms. Was that supposed to be grinding? I know you're trying to port SA2, but that didn't work. At all.

This mod for SRB2 looks really cool. I like the pictures mostly! I'll try this later and see what I think. Am I allowed to join the team? :)

they arent that bad, they are ripped from SA2B
Most of the textures would be fine if used effectively, but your execution of how textures go on walls doesn't make any sense. In the Green Forest screenshots, every wall is wood, including the walls that are supposed to connect to the grass... and why is there a death pit of slime surrounding it?

And in the space... thing... I don't what level it is, but this:

frush2.png

... is going to be a sheer eyesore to look at ingame. having a black texture with a bunch of bright yellow specs is not something you want to be plastering onto gigantic walls that stretch through most of the level.

I don't know about your level design since I haven't played the mod, but the only screenshot that really seems to show a sense of aesthetics is your unlockable level.

Most of the textures would be fine if used effectively, but your execution of how textures go on walls doesn't make any sense. In the Green Forest screenshots, every wall is wood, including the walls that are supposed to connect to the grass... and why is there a death pit of slime surrounding it?

And in the space... thing... I don't what level it is, but this:

frush2.png

... is going to be a sheer eyesore to look at ingame. having a black texture with a bunch of bright yellow specs is not something you want to be plastering onto gigantic walls that stretch through most of the level.

I don't know about your level design since I haven't played the mod, but the only screenshot that really seems to show a sense of aesthetics is your unlockable level.

Hmm, yes, it's giving me an eyesore (but not too bad).
This is why I would like to help. I really want this mod to go well, since I was thinking "Hmm, what about a SA2B mod for SRB2?" and found out someone was doing it. I know what this should turn out like. I've played SA2B several times (the whole story, including unlocking GHZ a few times xD) and I'm inspired to make a mod for SRB2, based on SA2B.
In other words, I wouldn't live without SA2B and I want to help with this mod.
I still think it's going pretty well, but it could go with improvements (especially the graphics).

And in the space... thing... I don't what level it is,

It's Final Rush, BTW.
~aledTH

Aled, i will like to see a level by you to see how your levels are (only an example level, not a SA2 one)

And Final Rush is good. I have totally revamped it, now there are more plataforming, and textures are ok, i m not going to change them.

About Green Forest... yeah, it s green XD I have added more scenary (real GF SA2 textures). I will post a screenshot later

Aled, i will like to see a level by you to see how your levels are (only an example level, not a SA2 one)

And Final Rush is good. I have totally revamped it, now there are more plataforming, and textures are ok, i m not going to change them.

About Green Forest... yeah, it s green XD I have added more scenary (real GF SA2 textures). I will post a screenshot later

I didn't mean only levels. I meant other things, like, I don't know, things in general.
Never mind though. I'm doing something else now.

Ok...

I take a screenshot to show the new scenary in Green Forest, new floor texture and the new sky (i decided to change it because the other sky dont fit the level very well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back