S_SKIN bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

r543

I've noticed bugs with S_Skin:

CA_FLY+CA2_Multiabilty
If you give a flying character multiability, then he isn't going to slow down(because you hold the button and don't "spam" it), but if you press it again you get slowed down.
Maybe change that so that you don't get slowed down with multiabilty ?

SF_SUPER
SF_SUPER wasn't made for custom characters, but it allows custom characters to go super with some lua scrips(don't remove that). Every Character that uses this Flag gets the spin fly/glide that super sonic has. That should be removed and moved to an other attribute, maybe something like "SUPERACTION" which can have multiabilty,float OR Super Jump(super whirlwind shield like match tails), this would be useful for match characters or characters like a custom tails or knuckles(they don't have the multiabilty or whirlwind superjump, while the normal ones do).

An other flag that would be nice to add is WALLBREAK, which breaks the walls like the glide action and knuckles do. I don't think that there is a easy way to code this with lua because the action of the player will get cancelled if you switch to the glide ability.(The code to allow players to break walls would be something like this:Check if there are walls near the player, if yes, action=glide, if no, then action=default action).

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed bugs with S_Skin:

CA_FLY+CA2_Multiabilty
If you give a flying character multiability, then he isn't going to slow down(because you hold the button and don't "spam" it), but if you press it again you get slowed down.
Maybe change that so that you don't get slowed down with multiabilty ?

SF_SUPER
SF_SUPER wasn't made for custom characters, but it allows custom characters to go super with some lua scrips(don't remove that). Every Character that uses this Flag gets the spin fly/glide that super sonic has. That should be removed and moved to an other attribute, maybe something like "SUPERACTION" which can have multiabilty,float OR Super Jump(super whirlwind shield like match tails), this would be useful for match characters or characters like a custom tails or knuckles(they don't have the multiabilty or whirlwind superjump, while the normal ones do).

An other flag that would be nice to add is WALLBREAK, which breaks the walls like the glide action and knuckles do. I don't think that there is a easy way to code this with lua because the action of the player will get cancelled if you switch to the glide ability.(The code to allow players to break walls would be something like this:Check if there are walls near the player, if yes, action=glide, if no, then action=default action).

I like most of this suggestion, Being able to go super should be allowed with custom characters (Its perfectly possible, Just make it so I they use A_Custom Power W/ Pw_super with their ability, unless they have any shield powers, like sh_PityShield etc., but it would still be nice to do with a flag, less weight In lua, Which is like the bread on the sandwich now.)

Last edited:
...Yeah, I know this has been neglected for a while now, but only the first part of the post about mutiability/SA flight even counts as a "bug". Everything else in the post is just suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back