• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

!!!'s World of Chaos

So far, how do you like !!!'s World of Chaos??? (Poll will last for 14 days. Vote quickly!)

• It's great!!! I can't wait for the final release!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's fine. You still need to work on things to make it better.

• It's horrible. You are not a good 3D level designer.

• It doesn't really matter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, hold on there. It takes a while for people to notice a new post on a certain thread, you know. =P

1-1: Nice improvements. You might be going a little too far with the detons, but I'll keep my decision with what everyone else says. As for bugs and glitches, there's an area where the chain rings, um... do something to the ceiling. Also, the door after that area has a ceiling flat that should be changed into the sky background. Lastly, the sky at the goal doesn't seem to have the dimensions of the sky. It kinda just looks like wallpaper plastered onto the goalroom. Otherwise, looks good, especially for a first level.

1-2: I'll admit, I do like fighting multiple Eggmen, which is why Arena Zone is my favorite in Mystic Realm. I beat this on my first try (thanks to Knuckles, 'cause I kept falling into the pits). I'm sure someone will have a problem with it, but I don't.

2-1: Also nice. Interesting how you make the character talk upon reaching a certain area. My only question is how this will affect coop games, though.... That and how the last waterfall can be that fast while obeying the laws of physics are my only beef(s).

City Forest Zone 1 - LOVE IT. Absolutely love it. Very nicely detailed, and very challenging. Nice and big, open spaces for Sonic to run around in, and many pathways. Absolutely wonderful. I love the way you did the scripts! 8/10.

Ok. This question has a connection with the "Rails" topic here (> Link: Look down for my post)

Q: How do you make the rails from the video game, Sonic Heroes?

Like the rails in Rails Canyon or from Bullet Station. (There are other courses that uses rails, but these are the main two)

If you never played Sonic Heroes, the rails I'm talking about are rails that make you move automatically in the direction the sector moves ahead (like in a road, you must continuosly drive on the road in the right direction or else you'll crash).

!!! said:
Like the rails in Rails Canyon or from Bullet Station. (There are other courses that uses rails, but these are the main two)

If you never played Sonic Heroes, the rails I'm talking about are rails that make you move automatically in the direction the sector moves ahead (like in a road, you must continuosly drive on the road in the right direction or else you'll crash).

Ohh....Hold on. I can sort of do that.

Is this what you're looking for?
http://srpgp.supersanctuary.com/ffh/download.php?file=48be6e6e05ab11a4374df8ba04446487

What SRB2 Player hasn't played Sonic Heroes, !!!?

Uhh, I know a better way...
Make a VERY THIN convayer belt FOF, giving it rail-like sidedef images and a rail-like ceiling flat. (The top of the fake "Rail")
Wala, a almost-SH like grind rail!

Lostgame said:
...but there's no slopes...

So it's gay.
How does there being no slopes screw it up? Anyway, I've always thought that no-spin speed-pads would work better than a conveyor belt. But SA+ style rails pretty much are impossible.

Thanks.

While I was making City Forest Zone 2, I was thinking of making a sector that automatically changes the music (Trigger Lindef Executor: Change Music)

Ex: At the time when you step at the certain sector, the music will change because the main view has changed.

So how will I make the music change permanent so the music won't change back to the original musc? When I die, or lose a life, the music
changes back to the music when I first entered the level.

Original Music: Verdant Forest Zone
New Music: Techno Hill Zone 1
When I die after I activated the music change sector: Music changes back to Verdant Forest Zone

How do I prevent this music change when you die?

Put a new music sector at the checkpoint; I haven't actually tried it, but it might work.

!!! said:
Thanks.

While I was making City Forest Zone 2, I was thinking of making a sector that automatically changes the music (Trigger Lindef Executor: Change Music)

Ex: At the time when you step at the certain sector, the music will change because the main view has changed.

So how will I make the music change permanent so the music won't change back to the original musc? When I die, or lose a life, the music
changes back to the music when I first entered the level.

Original Music: Verdant Forest Zone
New Music: Techno Hill Zone 1
When I die after I activated the music change sector: Music changes back to Verdant Forest Zone

How do I prevent this music change when you die?

That's easy, you set the block monsters flag so it will not reset when you die.

But if you die by falling into a pit, or by drowning, will the music still change? Or it'll stay the same like when you die when a enemy kills you?

!!! said:
But if you die by falling into a pit, or by drowning, will the music still change? Or it'll stay the same like when you die when a enemy kills you?

In general the music stays, however way you die.

It's just like if you type in console, "Tunes [tune number]": Even if you turn invincible or get drowning music, it'll soon revert to the last stage music you chose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back