Role-playing poll what do you think...

should role playing be allowed

• allow it,please.can we,can we...come on...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i won't mind,i would join once in a while.

• i don't care either way.

• i would only hold the server down.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that RP should be allowed in netgames. As long as we don't do it in #srb2fun. Sometimes, you can learn a level's design by RP. I have once or twice.

I think that RP should be allowed in netgames, but as a seperate mode, ie; Role-Play. Hmm...should I suggest this in 'Stuff to put in 1.1'?

Role-Playing in netgames isn't allowed for these good reasons:
The server floods #SRB2Fun with servers that no one is going to join.
We don't need 20 strings from the MS bot telling us about RP servers
The hosts tend to kick-ban people who don't listen to what they want people to do. These netgames are meant for either Match, CTF, Race, or Coop gameplays. If a host refuses to allow any of these, he shouldn't be hosting. He should go find a different game built for role-playing.

Now, there is nothing stopping you people from hosting these games. The major rule here is:
Don't. Advertise. Them.

Set up a game using a chat room, AIM, or whatever suits you best. JUST NOT THIS BOARD OR #SRB2FUN. Don't advertise it in the master server, and you won't get banned. Advertise, and you will. It's that simple.

zack_rudge said:
i personnaly think that we should be allowed to rp

but i hope this is not a reason to ban me suspend me.

i'm scared :cry:

in srb2 i dont like "RPG" server (I´M the HERO YOU ARE THE DEVIL = thats a team match!)
if the owner of the server WILL play it so, make team matches!(blue = hero, red = bad guys etc.....)

Walter

I only think they should allow it with team matches... Like saying 'My ring throw power will kill you!' as a slogan or 'Shaa!!!' like Vector did in sonic heroes! It would be good fo people playing as chars without taunts. XP

I'll copy and paste what I replied with in e-mail to a few people who complained...

The no role playing server rule was actually NOT instated by me, however, I support it 100%. The master server is for people intending to play SRB2 online. SRB2 is an action-platformer with first person shooter gametypes. It is not a role playing game. If some newbie joins the master server and is looking for a game, they should find a real game of SRB2, not a chat room, which is essentially what a role playing server is. You wouldn't want someone advertising their chat room on your website, so why should we let you advertise yours on our network? We aren't going to stop you from making role playing servers, though, and I honestly have no problem with you running them. We simply ask that you do not advertise them on the master server, as a large percentage of people do not want to see servers that you'll be banned from if you play the game the way it was intended to be played.

You can still easily set up games without the master server. Simply get the IP address of the person hosting, and join using the "join with IP" option, or use the console command "CONNECT <ip address>". You can also use the command line parameter "-connect <ip address>" if you're running from a command prompt.

This is not intended to be repressive or otherwise absurd, but the person who owns the master server is allowed to set up his own rules, and we agree with the rules he has set up. If you do not like the rules we have, you are free to not advertise your servers, or use the SVN to set up your own master server with role playing servers allowed.

Well, I was against banning RP servers from the MS, but these guys have some good reasons. Yeah, just don't advertise on the MS, there should be a #srb2rpg for setting up Rp servers.

Go make it yourself. No one here wants anything to do with RP servers in the first place. -_-

Nope. The poll is clearly biased. Just look at the "Yes" option

If you really wanna Role-Play why don't you just click the link in my sig? that's the whole reason why I started up a dedicated RP Forum...to eliminate forums from having an RP section when they don't need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back