Rocket Knight Adventures sequel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting
So, apparently Climax is working on a next-gen Rocket Knight Adventures sequel for XBL, PSN and Steam. Here's a video! http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/26724

If you've heard of RKA, you'll probably be incredibly happy with this news. If you haven't, it's definitely not your average mascot platformer. It's actually closer to Contra than the Sonic games, which makes sense, considering the series is by the same guy.

There were 3 games in the series, 1 in '93, 2 in '94. They're all awesome, and even if the art style doesn't look that great, hopefully the gameplay will be just as good as it was back in the 90's.

Well, I never knew this would happen. I loved the Sparkster/RKA series. Though, I just hope for this: The rocket system stays as is. I don't want a new one, just keep it how it was on the SNES/Genesis. I also noticed that the graphics sort of look like TF2 in a way. They should probably change that too, in my opinion. I do have high hopes for this, though.

Oh joy! I was one of the happy citizens to have enjoyed playing Rocket Knight Adventures on the Mega Drive (Genesis). I'll look forward to this game. It won't come out for the Wii, but it will come out for the PC, so I still have a chance to play it.

One thing I saw at that trailer was something Sega REALLY needs to do: keep the gameplay. It seemed to play just as the classics, and if that's true, it'll be very good.
Thanks for sharing the news, Bobinator.

Well.... Konami was cool enough to post gameplay, while SEGA simply gives us a teaser trailer and runs with it.

With the lack of Needlemouse info, my attention has been turned to this. Quite frankly, for an early build in the graphics system, and everything, this game looks great. I'm digging the art style and cartoony movements from our little rat hero. The drawn smoke effect and clouds play a nice effect to making this look more cartoon than anime. All in all, it looks really good. But the graphics do need touching up as they don't look next gen enough to restrict this game from going to Wii. Easily looks like a game that could go alongside Brawl in the Nintedo Great Wii Titles collection.

I want this. I loved the Genesis one. It was awesome. I kinda wish that the rocket would be toned down though; it makes it a bit too easy.

I'm very glad to hear this. It sounds like Sparkster is in the right hands, so hopefully this means he'll get the comeback he deserves.

I do have a few complaints with this, it makes me want to work more on that Sparkster Quake 2 mod I had going.

Biggest problems I've seen:

1) Classic RKA design for Sparkster, he is needing his golden, spiky hair here.
2) Either that's a new character, or they made Axel way too emo.
3) Wolves and pigs again? Every RKA game has had a new animal base baddie, don't carry ones over!
4) The environments are trying too hard to look cartoony, this results in blandness and lack of texture.
5) The jet system looks completely different, I want a fast charge, and a full drain, not a molasses charge and 10% drain
6) That HUD font is fugly.

I'll never be able to play this but my thoughts can easily be described this way:

"HOLY **** YES"
This is amazing news for old school people, I simply love seeing old franchises return.
It's pretty awesome that they're giving old franchises like this a new chance and getting them out there to be known.
Now, somebody make a new Jet Set Radio and Chu Chu Rocket and my fantasy world will be complete. Yes. Inclduing Cat shaped carousels.

(JESUS CHRIST SEGA, GIVE US RISTAR 2. IT'S BEEN MORE THAN A DECADE AND YOU PROMISED! ;_;)

Arf, Ristar Game Gear.

On the New Rocket Knight, I expected it, Konami said they would do it if MM9 did good and it did Really good.

Arf, Ristar Game Gear.

On the New Rocket Knight, I expected it, Konami said they would do it if MM9 did good and it did Really good.
Really, now? Cool.

SEGA better promise the same thing with Needlemouse. I have high hopes for this game, and I am hoping for some gameplay soon.

..1 hour? That's kinda.. Disappointing. Was it at least fun?

Why is it disappointing, exactly? It's exactly how long I expected it to be -- hell, if they had gone too much longer I would have wondered if they were going crazy.

Not every game needs to be 30/40/50 hours in length; in fact, I'd like it more if LESS games were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back