Risk of Rain 2

TheOofer77

Yohohoho!
Risk of rain 2 is one of the only rougelikes ive played but its my favorite one currently also i main loader

Risk of rain 2 is one of the only rougelikes ive played but its my favorite one currently also i main loader
It's not exactly a roguelike, it's a roguelite, which means it's inspired by the roguelikes genre but it doesn't belong to it. Roguelikes have both random generation, permanent death, grid/tiles, and turn-based movement. I'm currently playing DCSS (Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup) and I think it's a brilliant game. It includes a tutorial, a hints mode, and a built-in user manual and information on (almost) everything in the game. The devs have also made it a primary goal to make the game depend on your skill rather than luck, so the game is relatively very fair. It's also free. There is also the arena mode, so if a nasty monster killed you, you can get revenge on it :D I can share the gameover report of one of my last games if you want.

Risk of Rain 2 is great, but I'm kinda sad that the IP got bought out by Gearbox and the original devs can't work on it anymore. As far as I'm aware, Risk of Rain Returns (the remake of the first game) is the last game the original devs are going to have developed before they have to move on.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back