Ripped Sprites in Skulltag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
Recently, I was playing skulltag, and found that there was a mod with sprites ripped from srb2. I was wondering weather this was known or not. The only sprites I saw ripped was tails and sonic's. Take a look at these:

Here's sonic:
DOOM0000.png

The level design was actually surprisingly good.
Emerald hill zone:
DOOM0002.png

AH! tails death sprite:
DOOM0001.png

Did anyone else know about this?

Yup, there's like at least 5 mod's i have using these sprites without ssntails permission*sorry if you did give them pemission but most people these days do it without permission*

Silent_Snipe said:
most people these days do it without permission
Actually, they claim they made it all :P

EDIT: I was talking in general, not specifically about that project >_> (somebody will misunderstand anyways)

yes I talked to him about that (yes im the same silver fox on skulltag fourms)
and as of right now he hasn't gotten back to me I can remove them if snn wants but I never put them in their in the first place oh and the sprites where ripped along time ago by strikerman 780 for his doom 64 tc

... i have a confession to make...
this was me who stole the sprites i thought i was being inocent from playing CDOOM64 wich had the sprites and the script to change the color to what ever you want like black sonic or white w/e and tails had the same thing i just turned sonic and tails to their original texture and unknown about sonic robo blast 2's textures but i am asking permision to use sonic robo blasts sprites right now to get this over with i did not mean to make any one mad i thought it was ok since i was thinking that some one made it for every one to use "i hightly doubt srb2 would allow sonic to be what ever color...
any who i will now delete / repace the sonic sprites and get rid of tails since i have no other sprites of him...
and im going to say the sonic dm fans over at skulltag will be very upset as these are the most comon used sprites in the wad...
so please may i use these sonic sprites, i did the right thing i confest when i started to become an issue and now im trying to resolve it by getting rid of it but befor i go through the hassle of doing so to save me alot of time replacing them for the wad i thought it would be good to ask
people over at skulltag will tell people to STFU! over that because they want the sprites sill in and me to keep mapping but now that i know of sonic robo blasts 2 existance i will get rid of the sprites a.s.a.p unless if given permission to use them

again and for the last time i apoligize for using these sprites
check out CDOOM64.WAD and you will see what i mean by a green colord sonic...

you guys can yell at me for being a dumb ass and steeling the sprites i will read what you have to say as i deserve some sort of punishment for my actions
if you want to use my maps go for it
but i also have another solution i could have it when you enter the map the text could say
sprites ripped from sonic robo blast 2 give them credit like my map 10 angle island
its totaly up to you guy

should i be able to keep the sprites and give sonic robo blast masive credit for beutifal sonic sprites or shall they never be used in this project...
thank you for reading

Doomfiend said:
... i have a confession to make...
this was me who stole the sprites i thought i was being inocent from playing CDOOM64 wich had the sprites and the script to change the color to what ever you want like black sonic or white w/e and tails had the same thing i just turned sonic and tails to their original texture and unknown about sonic robo blast 2's textures but i am asking permision to use sonic robo blasts sprites right now to get this over with i did not mean to make any one mad i thought it was ok since i was thinking that some one made it for every one to use "i hightly doubt srb2 would allow sonic to be what ever color...

I don't think anyone here cared about the sprites; I'm assuming someone joined the forum just to point you to this topic. Oh boy. But how could you assume you were being innocent by stealing sprites? That's poor logic right there. As for the Sonic and Tails being able to change color, well, dude, this game is based off of the Doom Legacy engine. It has that ability without a script, and can change the character into 15 different colors of the palette.

Also, they aren't textures, they're sprites.

Doomfiend said:
any who i will now delete / repace the sonic sprites and get rid of tails since i have no other sprites of him...

Okay.

Doomfiend said:
and im going to say the sonic dm fans over at skulltag will be very upset as these are the most comon used sprites in the wad...

Oh well.

Doomfiend said:
so please may i use these sonic sprites, i did the right thing i confest when i started to become an issue and now im trying to resolve it by getting rid of it but befor i go through the hassle of doing so to save me alot of time replacing them for the wad i thought it would be good to ask

I'm certain no one cares if you use them, though you'd have to check up on the person who drew the sprites by hand: SSNTails. Now, if you were doing this to save time and, dare I say, use zero effort in your "most popular mod"? Also, don't you think it would've been a good idea to ask BEFORE using them?

Doomfiend said:
people over at skulltag will tell people to STFU! over that because they want the sprites sill in and me to keep mapping but now that i know of sonic robo blasts 2 existance i will get rid of the sprites a.s.a.p unless if given permission to use them

Well, at this point, I, personally, feel you shouldn't be allowed to use them. But, that's not my decision to make, in this argument. Of course, Sonic and Tails are both owned by SEGA's Sonic Team, and not SSNTails, which is already breaking trademark and copyright infringement... Still, he drew them by hand, and stealing them and claiming they're yours isn't nice. =|

Doomfiend said:
again and for the last time i apoligize for using these sprites
check out CDOOM64.WAD and you will see what i mean by a green colord sonic...

We've seen it before. We've also seen a lot of other colors, too.

Doomfiend said:
you guys can yell at me for being a dumb ass and steeling the sprites i will read what you have to say as i deserve some sort of punishment for my actions

Yes, I believe the consequence is due...

Doomfiend said:
if you want to use my maps go for it

I don't think your maps would really fit for SRB2, seeing as the gameplay is completely different from a traditional FPS. Also, we have Floor Over Floors and you don't! Nyah nyah.

Doomfiend said:
but i also have another solution i could have it when you enter the map the text could say
sprites ripped from sonic robo blast 2 give them credit like my map 10 angle island
its totaly up to you guy

Uh, I don't think that'll work.
"OLOL SPRITES STOLEN FROM SONIC ROBO BLAST 2 WITH LUV <333"

Doomfiend said:
should i be able to keep the sprites and give sonic robo blast masive credit for beutifal sonic sprites or shall they never be used in this project...

Well, in my opinion, if you can't even spell "beautiful" (let alone the rest of what you're saying, which is mostly misspelled anyway), you don't deserve to use them. I mean, actually put some effort into it. Use Sonic sprites from various Sonic games if you have to. Stealing from others and claiming them as your own is plagiarism. Did you know you could get kicked out of college for doing that with a research paper, or something? It's something that should be considered serious.

You can't really give massive credit for something that you've already claimed to make, right? Did you actually use some effort to make something brilliant, or did you just copypasta everything and make a few skulltag maps featuring a Sonic-type theme? You should consider making everything on your own, and also, I highly suggest that you work on your grammar and stuff. I could barely understand what you were saying at first glance! Yeesh.

Doomfiend said:
thank you for reading

ಠ 3ಠ
Interesting thing I found in your topic:
Doomfiend said:
ok its all fixed no bugs found but unfortenate there is a 86% chance i might need to get rid of the sonicntails sprits where as ICE snitched on me...
Its funny 1st hes my friend and has my e-mail and then he comes up and stabs me in the back...
bu i guess its better then facing the administations but what he could have done was at least tell me about this... because of this i wrote a pleeding letter to them because i thought i would get in seriouce shit but i did that becasue i want to keep my sonic project and make the comunity happy
but if this keep up this project might end up going to a hault.. i need new sprites i got a 3d sonic sprite its not bad but not as good as sonic robo blast 2 and now what about tails its not really sonic dm with out sonic, tails and knuckels so what happens now...
so if yo want the sprites to stay go to the sonic robo blast 2 forumes and post a replay stating that you want Sonicdm to be able to use the sprites...
i might need your guyses help on this one
i know it is sudden but will you please help me?
here is the thread...
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=12968
i wont let this delay my map progress...
if this starts getting out of hand and the sonic robo blast team starts to retaliate about this "issue" i will close this wad for a while untill i get rid of all of their ccherictor sprites REMOVED

Mushroom hill is 79 % complete

Apparently you saw this happen. You lurk at the SRB2 Message Board? Ironic that you're stealing from them, and yet you lie behind the shadows, so to speak.

Well, if you read it, you can tell that he doesn't really give a flying **** about the sprites, the community, and the staff, and won't remove anything if the staff doesn't pull a serious retaliation, so... Yeah, I don't think this person deserves to use the sprites at all, especially if he doesn't care that he stole them, and is instead more concerned that a "friend" of his told others about it. Isn't it entertaining to view thieves from a distance? Yes, but it's also very aggravating. The sheer arrogance of this is sorta asking for his totally original mod to be annihilated.

Doomfiend said:
so if yo want the sprites to stay go to the sonic robo blast 2 forumes and post a replay stating that you want Sonicdm to be able to use the sprites...
i might need your guyses help on this one
i know it is sudden but will you please help me?

Organized pleading. Pathetic.

I think we'd be better off without dozens of members only joining to post:

Random 'Sonic DM' supporter said:
"OMEFG PLX LET HIM DO THIS EVEN THOUGH HE STOLE THEM
HE HAS A RIGHT TO USE THEM AND FINISH
IF IT DOESNT HE WILL LET US ALL DOWN"

Sigh. Yeah, you don't deserve these. Make your own. Take 10 years for your own mod, dude. SRB2 took long enough, and I don't think it deserves to be ripped apart by some random skulltag guy and stolen just for the sake of saving time, and contributing zero effort. I mean, seriously. How annoying could you get?

I am so sorry for this whole conflict I should've removed them myself and left it at that

i've spoken to him and he is going to edit his post so that this unnecessary drama can die

... k i agree with silver fox will get rid of th sprites put this behind us and forget what happend... sorry for the drama fest D: and lets get on with our lives

we are not n00bs read the whole topic plz next time

o and I add this

some things in general to clear up

1 he did not rip these sprites the have been floating around skulltag for along time

2 he did not claim to make them

3 he lost his head. mistakes are made

4 I tried talking to ash about editing his post that we are not trying to take any of SNN's sprites but he thinks we are tring to cover it up like A bunch of n00bs

5 I reapect SNN's hard work

ps I'd like to thank zap for using the pm system to tell us that we needed permission (sarcastic)

Silver Fox said:
n00b I am not read the whole topic plz next time

o and I add this

some things in general to clear up

1 he did not rip these sprites the have been floating around skulltag for along time

2 he did not claim to make them

3 he lost his head. mistakes are made

4 I tried talking to ash about editing his post that we are not trying to take any of SNN's sprites but he thinks we are tring to cover it up like A bunch of n00bs

5 I reapect SNN's hard work

I wasn't calling you a noob I was talking to doomfiend. I already read both topics already.

You need to use better grammar, go to school, or else everyone thinks you are retarded.

Also how were they floating around? Thats the only topic I could find SRB2 related.

the sprites where ripped for strikerman 780 doom 64 tc i'll even link you to the wad and a few others to show you

So if the mod is so popular, where are all the meatpuppets?

Play Sonic Advance, I think it has a sprite set for each character that would work for a 3d world that you might be able to use.

we are removing the sprites maybe in the future some kid will combine A non srb2 sonic skin pack with them but for now we want this drama to die

Yes. From SRB2. SSN hand-drew these, there is an incredibly low chance for these to be the exact same thing without SSN's going first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back