Ringtone adults cannot hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see, what this is is a high-piched noise that can barely be perceived by the human ear. As you grow older, your ears are gradually destroyed and you lose the ability to hear high-pitched noises.

I read about this in an article on a guy who invented an anti-teen device.

Edit: This is wierd, I just played it. I can barely hear it, but my mom can hear it fully. That's wierd.

Draykon said:
You see, what this is is a high-piched noise that can barely be perceived by the human ear. As you grow older, your ears are gradually destroyed and you lose the ability to hear high-pitched noises.

I read about this in an article on a guy who invented an anti-teen device.

Edit: This is wierd, I just played it. I can barely hear it, but my mom can hear it fully. That's wierd.

It peirces my ears when I hear it for some reason and my mom can't hear it.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
TheDarkArchon said:
I heard that and I'm 18. Looks like that chart is innaccurate ;)
brianv said:
It's a ringtone that only teens can hear.
You become an adult when you're 21.

You become a full grown adult at different stages. You start Puberty at different ages, so when you start puberty when your 14, you will be an adult at 21. It varies :P It takes 7 years to go out of puberty.

Anyway, I hear that high pitched noise all the time, drives me bonkers.

My mom doesn't believe it. >_> "It's just one of those things kids say to drive thier parents crazy". She thinks everything is a conspiracy.

I can't imagine what anyone would hope to accomplish by using this as a "ringtone" other than getting someone to punch them in the face. Because that's exactly what I'm going to do the next time I hear that sound.

Well, I definately heard it, it gave me a headache. However, my dad couldn't hear it, although he's 55. I guess it works to some extent!

Draykon said:

Well. I think this theory is just about destroyed. >.>

Still if someone like a teacher did hear that, they wouldn't know what it is, unless they trace it.

Blue Warrior said:
Draykon said:

Well. I think this theory is just about destroyed. >.>

He's almost correct: It's the sound sensors in the cochlea that die, with the ones that deal with high pitches dying first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back