Right & Wrong: QTEs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, just asking out of curiousity because it seems I've completely neglected it until now. What do you guys think of Wii QTEs?

Extremely trival examples can be found in Super Paper Mario, where the effectiveness of some items is determined by how well you perform a small QTE. They're mostly similar in structure to the Action Commands of the previous Paper Mario games.

Anyway, at least one item requires you to tilt the WiiMote in time. I wouldn't have expected it, but that particular QTE works perfectly well, and has just reinforced my general astonishment over how well the WiiMote tracks movement. That said, the item QTEs do disrupt the normal flow of gameplay. I'm used to simply applying an item and knowing exactly what its effects will be.

Last edited:
I think QTE events should only be little minigames that you can choose to play. There's several times where I died suddenly because the level flow changed. and didn't know what I'm meant to do.

^ Like Sonic and Mario?

There is a game called trampoline and you do a bunch of QTEs in time before you jump again. The better the higher your score.

^ Like Sonic and Mario?

There is a game called trampoline and you do a bunch of QTEs in time before you jump again. The better the higher your score.

That was explained previously in the game. It's not unexpected, and it doesn't disrupt the flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back