• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Rez [ Character WAD ] [ WIP ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Result

I'm in the midst of making a Character WAD of my character Rez:

REZex.png

It's my very first attempt at a WAD and, for that matter, a Sprite. I'm currently in the Sprite phase ( holycrapyes, hardestphase ). It's kind of hard to put him into a Sprite form.. And I had to ditch some detail ( not as many horns as he should have D: ), but it's going smoothly.

Here's an example of his Sprite:
TAILA2A8.png
frontstand.png

[ While I'm posting about him, does anyone know how to make the character climb walls without also gliding? The Wiki gives the code for Gliding+Climbing and Gliding-Climbing, but not Climbing-Gliding. ]

er- that's not even in the special abilities, so that's not do-able without some heavy SOC'ing. And when you first said "rez" I thought you meant Rez from that game Gex.

Well damn. You can Glide without Climbing, but to Climb without Gliding you have to do heavy SOC'ing? Blatant racism to horned gecko things.

And I completely forgot about that Rez. Odd coincedence.

I like the look.

Although to be honest, when you said "Rez", I thought you were referring to Rez, the video game. Surreal as hell, that one.

Shadow Hog: I just looked that up and whoa, it looks like it would give me epilepsy or something.

Suma: Not enough cold-blooded characters around here. D:

Adam: I could just say he has really strong hind legs.. But I think that would be pushing it. xD ..I'll figure something out.

Dude_ said:
Finally, a decent recolor!

Uh... Can you back that up by telling me what character it is a recolor of?

He looks great. Is that his character select picture in your avatar?

BTW, I think the jacket is unnecessary. While in your big picture it fits, in the small one it just serves to make him look... Zim-ish...

on Edge said:
Heh.

Good luck finishing it.

Admittedly, it's going to be a Hell of a time doing all the sprites of Rez, being that I have no real base to work with, and that he's not just a recolor.. But it's something I want to try, and I've got enough free time, so I don't see why not.

Thanks for the luck.

JEV: I'm not sure if it will be his character selection image.. It's my favorite picture of him so far, so it could be. If I do a better picture of him before I'm done, though, I could change my mind. We'll see.

And the jacket is kind of a signature thing for him. He's big on the denim scene, but it would probably be easier to do him without it.

Avi: Thanks, I only recently started doing digitally-colored art, and that's one of my first attempts. I consider Rez my first original character, so I think it's suiting.

Shadow Hog said:
I like the look.

Although to be honest, when you said "Rez", I thought you were referring to Rez, the video game. Surreal as hell, that one.
Yeah, I was thinking of the Dreamcast/PS2 game, as well.
JEV3 said:
Dude_ said:
Finally, a decent recolor!

Uh... Can you back that up by telling me what character it is a recolor of?
He's not technically a RECOLOR, but a resprite. As in, Sonic's sprites were used as a guideline. Not really a bad thing. Espio is a resprite of Sonic, and it's a pretty damn good wad.

Blizzard T. said:
Sumakima said:
Well, at least it isn't Sonic recolor #453241.

Most original resprite I've seen in awhile.

Agreed. You should continue it, if you have enough free time, looks nice.

Result said:
JEV: I'm not sure if it will be his character selection image.. It's my favorite picture of him so far, so it could be. If I do a better picture of him before I'm done, though, I could change my mind. We'll see.

I did this out of boredom. Its not perfect but you can use it if you want.

REZCHAR.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back