Retro Bosses + Maces and Chains

Retro Bosses + Maces and Chains 2.4

"MIDIMan"

MIDI Enthusiast
"MIDIMan" submitted a new resource:

2.1 Bosses + Maces and Chains - Every boss (minus the Metal Sonic race) ported from 2.1 to 2.2, including maces and chains!

Do you miss the Egg Mobile's homing laser, the Sea Egg's brutal difficulty, or Metal Sonic's poorly telegraphed attacks? If so, you're in luck!

Introducing...

MIDIMan's 2.1 Boss Ports (+ Maces and Chains)!

I originally created these as a means of helping Glaber with SRB2 The Past, but I've decided to release them so that anyone can use them!

This pack includes two PK3s: One is a boss rush showcasing each port, and the other has the ports by themselves. Both...

Read more about this resource...

srb20599.gif

While the mod perfectly functions, the exhaust on some of them just doesn't follow them properly. I also encountered a few odd Lua stat track errors. The boss seemed to otherwise work just fine, though.

"MIDIMan" updated 2.1 Bosses + Maces and Chains with a new update entry:

Chains Fix

This quick update fixes an issue where the player originally couldn't rotate a 2.1 chain controlled by a linedef with the "No Climb" flag set.

Read the rest of this update entry...
Post automatically merged:

While the mod perfectly functions, the exhaust on some of them just doesn't follow them properly. I also encountered a few odd Lua stat track errors. The boss seemed to otherwise work just fine, though.
I can't seem to reproduce the exhaust bug, and I'm not sure why you're getting stat track errors (never heard of those before...). I'll try to look into those issues.

EDIT: I figured out what was causing the bugs. You had both PK3s loaded at the same time. For future reference, both PK3s should not be loaded simultaneously, because they both contain the Lua code for the bosses.

Last edited:
All bosses check out, however the chains were you control the speed feel like they're capped at a lower speed than what 2.1 let you get up to.

Would you mind posting an example so I can potentially fix this? I want to make these ports are as accurate as possible.

thats weird, when i played the cez boss, his cage didnt even lift up
Have in mind that Srb2 Behaviour highly changed when it got updated from 2.1 to 2.2, so it's normal that some scripts may not work when loading them into newer versions, if they´re not updated

thats weird, when i played the cez boss, his cage didnt even lift up
I'd like to point out that I've only tested this addon with version 2.2.8. I'm fully aware that it doesn't work right in the first prerelease of 2.2.9, but I'm not sure about 2.2.7 and earlier.

ok, I went to go cross check the chain with 2.1 and turns out I was wrong.

Attachments

• srb20043.gif
    srb20043.gif
    5.7 MB · Views: 175
  • srb20027.gif
    srb20027.gif
    7.8 MB · Views: 191
"MIDIMan" updated 2.1 Bosses + Maces and Chains with a new update entry:

2.0 Bosses

This update brings bosses ported from 2.0!

Changes:
  • A mostly complete structure overhaul!
    • Many of the objects, sprites, states, actions, etc. that are shared between specific Lua scripts have been separated into their own Lua scripts to make it easier to use in your own mods. As a result, I highly recommend any mods that already use this addon to update to this version, in order to decrease redundancy.
  • MIDI music is now available in the example level pack...

Read the rest of this update entry...
Post automatically merged:

My favorite boss ever in srb2 was the 2.0 Sea Egg
In that case, you might like this new update!

Last edited:
Interesting, you gonna stop at 2.0 or you gonna try to port other versions?
Totally, not for uh any reason :knuxsmug:

Interesting, you gonna stop at 2.0 or you gonna try to port other versions?
Totally, not for uh any reason :knuxsmug:
I'm currently torn as to whether or not I should. Glaber's Badnik Pack(s) already have bosses ported from 1.09.4 and below (besides the Egg Slimer, but porting that would be as "simple" as taking my existing 2.0 Egg Slimer and changing some sprites and objects around), but at the same time, there are some inaccuracies, such as the Egg Mobiles stopping right before the player instead of going through them (No offense to Glaber. Plus, to be fair, that behavior took me a while to figure out how to get it working properly).

If there is enough demand for it, I might consider porting bosses from versions earlier than 2.0.

Fair enough, the bosses before 2.0 aren't that interesting and don't stand out very much.

Last edited:
I'm currently torn as to whether or not I should. Glaber's Badnik Pack(s) already have bosses ported from 1.09.4 and below (besides the Egg Slimer, but porting that would be as "simple" as taking my existing 2.0 Egg Slimer and changing some sprites and objects around), but at the same time, there are some inaccuracies, such as the Egg Mobiles stopping right before the player instead of going through them (No offense to Glaber. Plus, to be fair, that behavior took me a while to figure out how to get it working properly).

If there is enough demand for it, I might consider porting bosses from versions earlier than 2.0.
No offense taken. I didn't know how to get the correct charge behavior myself when I made them.

That's a nice" back to the past" mod.

I've always liked 2.0 Brak mostly because he was closer to the actual OVA unlike 2.1-2.2 which was closer to a Doom boss.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back