Requiring assistance with SRB2Net Launcher 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Falcon

*Click thumbnail for larger image*

From the screenshot, you can see that I have checked the OpenGL option. I then clicked the 'run' button - the error is preventing me from entering the game, and I do not understand why I am getting it.

Would appreciate assistance regarding this matter.

Technical information
---------------------------
Windows Version (and Service Packs): Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor Speed: 2.21 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card (Make and Model#): NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

EDIT: Waaait a minute. There appears to be another forum in this message board titled 'Suggestions and Help'. May I request for this thread to be moved? Thanks.

Try clicking the manual resolution checkbox. I believe most monitors support 640 x 400. If that doesn't work, then set it to the resolution of your desktop. You can find out that resolution by right clicking anywhere in the desktop that is empty and click on properties. Once there, click on the settings tab, and it will tell you your screensize.

If you get one of the resolutions to work, then you can then set the default in options menu inside the game.

Torgo said:
Try clicking the manual resolution checkbox. I believe most monitors support 640 x 400. If that doesn't work, then set it to the resolution of your desktop. You can find out that resolution by right clicking anywhere in the desktop that is empty and click on properties. Once there, click on the settings tab, and it will tell you your screensize.

My desktop resolution is 1440x900. 640x400 didnt work, and neither did 1440x900.

Still can't get into SRB2 with OpenGL.

Ok... this is REALLY weird. Managed to got into SRB2 in OpenGL mode, but the Frames Per Second is horrible and everything has a bluish tint.

What the heck is happening?

Update your video card drivers if you haven't already. Most problems with graphics can be solved with newer drivers.

ZeldaGamer00 said:
Update your video card drivers if you haven't already. Most problems with graphics can be solved with newer drivers.

Did not work.
Reinstallation of SRB2 also did not work.

I've seen that bluish tint before. That happens on some older machines because they either don't have the proper video card drivers or the video card just really, really sucks.

Yeah, that's a problem my older computer has. Make sure your video card is up-to-date.

Blue Warrior said:
Yeah, that's a problem my older computer has. Make sure your video card is up-to-date.

Ok... visited NVIDIA's official website and downloaded the latest drivers.

Still not working :(

EDIT: Does this mean it has something to do with my OpenGL software?

Your video hardware is either faulty or just that terrible.

You desperately need a new computer to run in OpenGL. Not entirely to worry, as OpenGL will be broken for (hopefully only the early days of) SRB2ME.

If updating your drivers didn't work, the only way to fix this problem is to get a new graphics card/computer.

Sorry.

What is your video card? It needs to support OpenGL hardware acceleration in order for it to work properly, as does your drivers. Virtually all video drivers outside Microsoft's built-in Windows drivers support OpenGL.

Callum said:
What is your video card?

Huh? Didnt I mention my video card in the technical information??? :O

My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS. (made bold so you can see clearly this time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back