• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Replacing the text system

Do you like the idea for a new text system?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I'd have to see it first...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

logan

Is it possible to make your own text system for the game by replacing every letter, puncuation and number? Cause I tried and it didn't do anything. Is there some lump name you have to put before all of the new text?

But having it a different size probably won't change the letter spacing, so it'd end up all squished together or have too much space inbetween. It's best to stick to 8x8.

already tried...

I already did just replace the graphics, all of them, but it was just the normal old text system. ( I also tried to replace to level header text.)

im trying to make new letters and stuff, but it isn't working. I put in the lump names, and my stuff doesn't show up.

Go into a copy of srb2.srb using XWE, and tell it to only show the GFX. Then, try copying the lumps for the letters, numbers, and symbols (all of them, there are a few at the end too, and there's two styles of both numbers and some extra symbols). You can then work from there.

Oh yeah, and before I forget, text on the menus won't get highlighted except in the areas that use shades white or gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back