Remove Enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggman891

(Pre-note: I did do a 5 minute search through this sections and didn't find anything too similar.)

This is basically a SOC I decided to make after I started cursing when playing race on Mystic Realm. It simply removes all of the minor enemies from levels, making them 92.53% more race friendly.

It removes:
> Blue & Red Crawlas
> Gold & Green Buzz Bombers
> Gold and Red Buzzers
> Detons

Turrets are left in as they aren't so much of an annoyance (well turrets are, but you know, it doesn't get in the way as such). Also Robotnik is left in for obvious reasons.

DOWNLOAD: removeEnemies.soc

Nothing too special. I just thought this would be useful for race servers and the like.

(No screenshots as they are not really necessary in my opinion.)

Hetor said:
Soc for n00bs. SRB2 is VERY EASY GAME and you removing enemies??? Why???

For race mode. Race isn't about killing enemies, it's about blasting through levels fast. This simply makes it so you don't have to care about enemies so much.

Kaysakado said:
I suggest that you keep Detons, you'll be moving quickly anyways, as its race, so why not give incentive to run?
Then how does it turn out I never can avoid them? :'(

About it being a n00bish way, everything can be used to do n00b things. Can't we have hang-out servers with pure SRB2 and no add-ons by any chance? :P

But yeah, let's see it the good way and take it for racing in coop levels (which after all is possible :P). Through I would have removed the turret too, those can get annoying easily.

Sik said:
Am I the only one that never takes advantage of those? >_>

Nope, takes me too long to aim, and even then, I almost always miss.

Seriously, Crawla bouncing is a great way to go faster, even without aiming it much. Simply thokking into a Crawla at point blank range and holding jump will make you go forward very nicely, and if you add any height to it at all, can launch you very high. You don't need to be insanely accurate to get benefits out of Crawla bouncing.

Sik said:
Am I the only one that never takes advantage of those? >_>

What are you talking about. What I said was that why take them out if they are perfect shortcuts?

FSX said:
For race mode. Race isn't about killing enemies, it's about blasting through levels fast. This simply makes it so you don't have to care about enemies so much.

You think enemies in race mode make game hard?

That's not really the point. How many people usually play Ultimate more than once, just to get the black emerald?
Anyway, I like this wad for race, but certain crawler powers stated by previous posters in this topic have been removed. Maybe just get rid of jetty-sins and buzzies?

Without enemies ruins the purpose of passing regular levels. There is no challenge in it.

Racing is a different story. Unless you use crawla bouncing a lot, you can pass through with no interruptions.

Triangle Trumper said:
Hetor, play the game on Ultimate. Or Very Hard if you haven't unlocked Ultimate. I'll be surprised if you win.

I have completed game on Very Hard. That was Very Easy (for me).
About Ultimate - I hope in SRB2 1.1 STJ will rename it to Impossible. IT'S REALY IMPOSSIBLE!

Ultimate mode is still is a little easy just run from jettysyns. And crawla, you can handle with out rings,right? But the last stage is very hard cause of eggmans spiked balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back