Remembering Sonic Omens in 2023

InfernoMelon

Honwy is cooilo dudey
I see less people talking about Sonic Omens and I still don't know why like the only thing that brought ups about it, is the controversial
stuff, not about game itself and it kinda saddens me

As, Sonic Omens is probably one of the most stand out/Best Sonic Fangames I seen so far, with it's ACTUAL FULLY COMPLETE GAME, fully voice acted cutscenes, unique level design and banging original soundtrack (it literally has original vocal track by Bentley Jones, the person who did the vocals of Dreams of an Absolution and So Much More) but Sonic Fans just completely ignore all these things and calls it "trash"

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 112
its rightfully called trash for its one of the only sonic fan games that almost got away with making people pay money for it. can't such much because I don't plan on playing it.

Yea the paying for beta access thing was scummy. Though I do have to say I like what I've played so far.

I see less people talking about Sonic Omens and I still don't know why like the only thing that brought ups about it, is the controversial
stuff, not about game itself and it kinda saddens me

As, Sonic Omens is probably one of the most stand out/Best Sonic Fangames I seen so far, with it's ACTUAL FULLY COMPLETE GAME, fully voice acted cutscenes, unique level design and banging original soundtrack (it literally has original vocal track by Bentley Jones, the person who did the vocals of Dreams of an Absolution and So Much More) but Sonic Fans just completely ignore all these things and calls it "trash"
im pretty sure its just another boost game, but made in unity and with bad voice acting.

Damn, I was fuckin right, I shouldn't make this thread in the first place if this is only thing Sonic fans will talk about

This is why I hate Sonic community, they always focus on the negatives and call a thing "trash" or "mid" without giving valid criticism about it (without playing it) this happen with the official games and it's affecting fangames that people actually work hard for

Attachments

• db0.png
    db0.png
    274.2 KB · Views: 84
Damn, I was fuckin right, I shouldn't make this thread in the first place if this is only thing Sonic fans will talk about

This is why I hate Sonic community, they always focus on the negatives and call a thing "trash" or "mid" without giving valid criticism about it (without playing it) this happen with the official games and it's affecting fangames that people actually work hard for
Theres a reason SRB2 isn't called that and it's because its good.

maybe if the game didn't abuse the fact that sega allows us to make fan games without them taking it down, then the game would actually be looked at well. the people behind this game are probably just scummy af. also, SRB2 is a sonic fan game and its not getting called trash or mid, has to be a good reason for that :threat:

If you like the game that's fine, but that doesn't mean other people have to like it too. People are entitled to their opinions, they are subjective and personal. If you're not able to handle other people not liking a game you like, that's a personal issue.

If you like the game that's fine, but that doesn't mean other people have to like it too. People are entitled to their opinions, they are subjective and personal. If you're not able to handle other people not liking a game you like, that's a personal issue.
I know people are entitled to their opinions, I'm trying to say that WHY you don't like the GAME, you can't "uhhh, becaase they try to put moenyyy to thsae gmae, thaat;ss whay I don'rt like it" you have a actual point about the game itself, so far I got none

Yea the paying for beta access thing was scummy. Though I do have to say I like what I've played so far.
I am surprised that Sega has not appeared to send their legal team after them as a result of doing that, because the rule of thumb is that fangames of any IP are not legally allowed to earn money for their creator (even if they are allowed by the IP owner). You even see this on the quit screen for SRB2.

The only way around that would be for the Sonic Omens team to ink a deal with Sega and Sonic Team (as other studios have done), if they get selected of course.

I know people are entitled to their opinions, I'm trying to say that WHY you don't like the GAME, you can't "uhhh, becaase they try to put moenyyy to thsae gmae, thaat;ss whay I don'rt like it" you have a actual point about the game itself, so far I got none
Recoiling against illegal/immoral business practices is a legitimate reason to not like a game.

but what about the game itself? I can I have a opinion on that
Sure, and others can have theirs. Other people's opinions aren't invalid just because you don't accept them. They don't need to be able to put why they like/dislike a game into words at all, let alone in a way that you personally would deem as acceptable. Their opinions are theirs and theirs alone and only need to make sense to them.

you want a real reason? its the same reason why I couldn't play sonic 2020 (old sonic omens)
this game requires you to have a ultra-high quality computer so then it doesn't run like ass. so I simply couldn't play it at its fullest because I have a normal computer...? I never had any trouble running any 3D sonic fan games before, so im 100% sure that this is a sonic omens issue. Imagine making your game so poorly optimized that it can't even run well on mid level computers!

Here's some more issues with sone omens that other people have

The tornado levels suck
The bosses are incredibly hard
Using Shadow's chaos abilities is a pace breaker (imagine having to break the pace of the game to use your characters abilities)
You can lock yourself out of sections because of said chaos abilities
There's only a few levels that are actually good, the others have issues with constant platforming and general game control.

So even if my computer could handle sonic omens its not even worth it because most of the content sucks. I also don't personally like boost fan games, not to a outright "this fan game has boosting, I wouldn't play it because of that", but this doesn't support sonic omens at all, just gives me more reason to not play it if I ever get the chance. For a fan game that was almost about to be sold, this game doesn't live up to that at all.
Post automatically merged:

Nah, this game is mid
"and call a thing "trash" or "mid" without giving valid criticism about it"
huh :threat:

you want a real reason? its the same reason why I couldn't play sonic 2020 (old sonic omens)
this game requires you to have a ultra-high quality computer so then it doesn't run like ass. so I simply couldn't play it at its fullest because I have a normal computer...? I never had any trouble running any 3D sonic fan games before, so im 100% sure that this is a sonic omens issue. Imagine making your game so poorly optimized that it can't even run well on mid level computers!

Here's some more issues with sone omens that other people have

The tornado levels suck
The bosses are incredibly hard
Using Shadow's chaos abilities is a pace breaker (imagine having to break the pace of the game to use your characters abilities)
You can lock yourself out of sections because of said chaos abilities
There's only a few levels that are actually good, the others have issues with constant platforming and general game control.

So even if my computer could handle sonic omens its not even worth it because most of the content sucks. I also don't personally like boost fan games, not to a outright "this fan game has boosting, I wouldn't play it because of that", but this doesn't support sonic omens at all, just gives me more reason to not play it if I ever get the chance. For a fan game that was almost about to be sold, this game doesn't live up to that at all.
FINALLY, SOME ACTUAL CRITICISM

I don't agree with some points you said but

THIS IS WHAT I'M BEEN LOOKING FOR

Thank you, good sir

Attachments

• yay-sonic.gif
    yay-sonic.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 52

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back