• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Rei'sen the Moon Rabbit [Touhou]

Right, so, its been awhile without anything mentioned. How have things been going? Unfortunately, my already slow pace was put to a near standstill when I suffered an injury that resulted in a fracture in my knee. I'm recovering, but it's gonna be awhile before I can properly work again. However, I have tried to make progress with the limited amount of time I can spend sitting on this wheelchair.

srb20135.png

First off, I added some more HUD types, with the most notable one being the Scarlet Weather Rhapsody HUD, and the lives counter appears when you gain/lose lives or when the menu opens. Speaking of, the menu is also transparent now. I also stomped some bugs on the backend, and added a "putt" for when you are standing still, allowing you to quickly duck and roll without needing to dive in place.

srb20176.gif

Finally, I commissioned TiniestTurtles a while back to make a Rei'sen model for me, as I wanted to use it to help with spriting, and maybe make placeholder frames while working on sprites, and of course have a model alongside her release. It came out wonderfully, check it out!

Sadly, I'm unable to use it at the moment, because the stronger PC I use for Blender and using 3D models in general is upstairs... and I cannot climb stairs at all right now. With no way to get up there, I have no way to use this model at all right now. Or at least, it seems that way. I really do hope I can get back to properly working soon enough, but I can't stand being in this chir long enough to buckle down and work on sprites or finishing features. In due time, I suppose.

Right, so, its been awhile without anything mentioned. How have things been going? Unfortunately, my already slow pace was put to a near standstill when I suffered an injury that resulted in a fracture in my knee. I'm recovering, but it's gonna be awhile before I can properly work again. However, I have tried to make progress with the limited amount of time I can spend sitting on this wheelchair.

View attachment 63547

First off, I added some more HUD types, with the most notable one being the Scarlet Weather Rhapsody HUD, and the lives counter appears when you gain/lose lives or when the menu opens. Speaking of, the menu is also transparent now. I also stomped some bugs on the backend, and added a "putt" for when you are standing still, allowing you to quickly duck and roll without needing to dive in place.

View attachment 63552

Finally, I commissioned TiniestTurtles a while back to make a Rei'sen model for me, as I wanted to use it to help with spriting, and maybe make placeholder frames while working on sprites, and of course have a model alongside her release. It came out wonderfully, check it out!

Sadly, I'm unable to use it at the moment, because the stronger PC I use for Blender and using 3D models in general is upstairs... and I cannot climb stairs at all right now. With no way to get up there, I have no way to use this model at all right now. Or at least, it seems that way. I really do hope I can get back to properly working soon enough, but I can't stand being in this chir long enough to buckle down and work on sprites or finishing features. In due time, I suppose.
Oh gosh, i really hope you get better @D00D64.

View attachment 63547

View attachment 63552

Really sorry about your injury, D00D. Hope you get better soon!

View attachment 63547

View attachment 63552

Get well soon

Normally on my birthday, I'd upload or update a mod, but due to my medical issues, stuff had to b delayed by... a lot. But I feel bad about not doing anything, so here's a small update on the bits of progress I was able to make.

srb20221.gif

Some work-in-progress VFX for landing, repurposing some assets. White impact means you landed on a foe, and colored impact means you reloaded. I have some rifle shot impact effects, but they're still being worked on.

srb20009.gif

I've also ported the dash mode code into Lua so that I could bypass the seizure flashing it normally does. VFX are still a work in progress (the circles have been greatly reduced in opacity since this GIF), but it mostly works as it should!

srb20226.gif

Finally, Rei'sen's gunloafers can now bust floors, giving her more places to access. You kind of need stuff like this for the vanilla campaign (as Rei'sen lacks a proper spindash), so putting a floor break as part of her downwards shot was just the logical choice. Not sure if I should implement spike breaking...

I also made a bunch of fixes to code that's been long buggng me, but you guys wouldn't have context for that, so... just take my word on that. I really hope I can recover sooner and get back to work on art stuff!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back